1. Supposedly, which is sad considering what we got

The big difference this time is that they announced SOI and SOE at the same time, so I've no doubt that they already knew at least a handful of what songs would appear on SOE.

Just thought of this. We ended up getting EBW and the Glastonbury Riff (bridge of Volcano) on SOI, what are the odds of North Star ending up on SOE?
  2. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:[..]
    Supposedly, which is sad considering what we got

The big difference this time is that they announced SOI and SOE at the same time, so I've no doubt that they already knew at least a handful of what songs would appear on SOE.

Just thought of this. We ended up getting EBW and the Glastonbury Riff (bridge of Volcano) on SOI, what are the odds of North Star ending up on SOE?
    Regarding North Star, I love that tune, first of all. I think if we got a version of it, though, it would be drastically changed - maybe except for the "I can't wait any longer for your love" chorus. EBW was overhauled pretty big from the 360 days and Glastonbury only survived as that guitar riff in the bridge of Volcano, as you said...

(Offtopic: I think Volcano is the only song on SOI I never really warmed to. I've liked it less and less over time. Great bass part and riff from Glastonbury but the lyrics and hook are just dreadful. Please let SOE's "rock" songs be better than this. )
  3. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:[..]
    Supposedly, which is sad considering what we got

Probably pretty low, at least in a form that's roughly the same song. Which I think is a shame, because North Star was great and I'd love to hear a full band version.
  4. Originally posted by CMIPalaeo:[..]
    Probably pretty low, at least in a form that's roughly the same song. Which I think is a shame, because North Star was great and I'd love to hear a full band version.
    Transformers version?
  5. I mean, it's out there, but that was what, six years ago, with another album in between? There's a chance for it to make SOE, and I'd be over the moon if it does, but I don't think the odds are good.
  6. Originally posted by bpt3:[..]
    Regarding North Star, I love that tune, first of all. I think if we got a version of it, though, it would be drastically changed - maybe except for the "I can't wait any longer for your love" chorus. EBW was overhauled pretty big from the 360 days and Glastonbury only survived as that guitar riff in the bridge of Volcano, as you said...

(Offtopic: I think Volcano is the only song on SOI I never really warmed to. I've liked it less and less over time. Great bass part and riff from Glastonbury but the lyrics and hook are just dreadful. Please let SOE's "rock" songs be better than this. )
    Agreed and agreed.

To be honest, I wasn't asking about North Star because I'm hoping to see it, pretty much the opposite. Listening to it again, I don't think it's that great - and the Transformers version was pretty abysmal. Maybe a "campfire acoustic" version would make a cool bonus track, but otherwise it's pretty meh.
  7. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:[..]
    Agreed and agreed.

To be honest, I wasn't asking about North Star because I'm hoping to see it, pretty much the opposite. Listening to it again, I don't think it's that great - and the Transformers version was pretty abysmal. Maybe a "campfire acoustic" version would make a cool bonus track, but otherwise it's pretty meh.
    Got it - I'd also like a "campfire acoustic" version. Maybe the band will do a double-disc release for SOE as they did with SOI, and North Star and a few others appear as bonuses like Lucifer's Hands/Crystal Ballroom? Fun to speculate more freely now that we seem to have a solid release date for new single and new album
  8. Originally posted by bpt3:[..]
    Got it - I'd also like a "campfire acoustic" version. Maybe the band will do a double-disc release for SOE as they did with SOI, and North Star and a few others appear as bonuses like Lucifer's Hands/Crystal Ballroom? Fun to speculate more freely now that we seem to have a solid release date for new single and new album
    Definitely! (on all you said)
  9. they will publish all bsides and outtakes songs in ten years maybe, for those who don't have the unofficial discography (rarities and so on ), i mean when they will stop and split, IMO
  10. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    What falsetto? If you look at the recent performances of Achtung Baby songs there isn't really any falsetto parts, the ones that haven't been performed don't feature falsetto parts. If anything Bono has proved in recent years that it can easily be done admittedly not to the standard of zoo tv but more than decent.

Always loved the ending falsetto part in "One", really bugs me how Bono never stays true to it during live shows, there's always a different way he sings the last part.

Is there any live versions of One where he does the studio version falsetto?
  11. Originally posted by georgemccauley:[..]

Always loved the ending falsetto part in "One", really bugs me how Bono never stays true to it during live shows, there's always a different way he sings the last part.

Is there any live versions of One where he does the studio version falsetto?
    I think the zoo tv Sydney show is a pretty good effort and he sings the note more open for want of a better term. It would need to be the zoo tv era to find any other versions like that because I think he simply couldn't sing it that way since then.