1. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Agreed. Song titles don't matter much but it's worth mentioning indeed. Only The Showman and The Lights Of Home (a powerful image imo) are exciting.
    Nah, I like Blackout and American Soul as well as song titles.
  2. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Agreed. Song titles don't matter much but it's worth mentioning indeed. Only The Showman and The Lights Of Home (a powerful image imo) are exciting.

True. I wish The Blackout and The Showman both didn't have a "the" in front of them, and only one did, but again, this is being very nitpicky.

But yeah, "Lights of Home" is great. It just shouldn't be the greatest one :p
  3. Hearing Bono talking about what the album is like, dropping lyrics... I'm insanely hyped for SOE. I remember an interview from around 2006 or something where Bono mentioned 'Love Is All We Have Left' and said he thought he'd written a Frank Sinatra song. I'm happy to hear that that's survived to here!
  4. Originally posted by CMIPalaeo:Hearing Bono talking about what the album is like, dropping lyrics... I'm insanely hyped for SOE. I remember an interview from around 2006 or something where Bono mentioned 'Love Is All We Have Left' and said he thought he'd written a Frank Sinatra song. I'm happy to hear that that's survived to here!
    Funnily enough that's actually the song title I'm most excited about and that opening lyric, I'm looking for an uplifting start to the album from that.
  5. Had a similar reaction. Reading the interview does get me excited, but I'll admit that from what Bono has said that SOE seems like it won't be quite as "90s"-themed anymore? Maybe from Innocence to Experience I was unrealistically hoping for a more "Achtung Baby" style switch stylistically, thematically...instead it's coming off more like ATYCLB type of lyrics.

I suppose given that Bono did have some kind of scare that that makes sense, though?
  6. From reading that article I'm not sure if it was so much a scare as a moment of clarity...
  7. Originally posted by bpt3:[..]
    Had a similar reaction. Reading the interview does get me excited, but I'll admit that from what Bono has said that SOE seems like it won't be quite as "90s"-themed anymore? Maybe from Innocence to Experience I was unrealistically hoping for a more "Achtung Baby" style switch stylistically, thematically...instead it's coming off more like ATYCLB type of lyrics.

I suppose given that Bono did have some kind of scare that that makes sense, though?
    What if we get the ATYCLB lyrics with Achtung Baby type sounds?
  8. People should stop thinking about U2 making another Achtung Baby. U2 will always sound different than before, however, it will still be recognisable U2.
  9. Originally posted by dieder:People should stop thinking about U2 making another Achtung Baby. U2 will always sound different than before, however, it will still be recognisable U2.
    +1
  10. Originally posted by dieder:People should stop thinking about U2 making another Achtung Baby. U2 will always sound different than before, however, it will still be recognisable U2.
    +1
  11. Originally posted by dieder:People should stop thinking about U2 making another Achtung Baby. U2 will always sound different than before, however, it will still be recognisable U2.
    Exactly! That's what separates U2 from the rest. They try not to regurgitate the same shit in different packaging even though history would dictate people would eat up the shit anyway (see Aerosmith)

When AB came out people were pissed it was TJT Volume 2.