1. Originally posted by Remy:[..]
    That’s not my experience but for sure the album versions of both songs will spark interest again
    I do hear that it is a song of experience...

2. Had The Blackout and YTBTAM had The Fly-like guitar solos the love for those songs would have been massive and they would be called instant classics no matter how wierd they were mixed.
    Edge; never mind producing, reproducing and overproducing the songs. A massive guitar solo in each and every song is all we want from you!
  3. Originally posted by Hole:Had The Blackout and YTBTAM had The Fly-like guitar solos the love for those songs would have been massive and they would be called instant classics no matter how wierd they were mixed.
    Edge; never mind producing, reproducing and overproducing the songs. A massive guitar solo in each and every song is all we want from you!
    Kind of agree with this- at least for YTBTAM. We need some rough cuts! Blackout is fine though in that sense.
  4. Using 4 producers immediately sounds alarm bells especially having Tedder in there who makes their songs sound bland and over produced,Noel Gallagher produced his last album himself he said that he didn't wanna pay a fortune to some guy telling him how his music should sound and the resulting album was a cracker,U2 should do the same Edge is well capable of doing it alongside Lillywhite who could oversee it rather than bringing in these hip producers who just dilute and over polish the songs to a point where they lose their raw sonic appeal .SOI had 5 producers and you can feel how unbalanced that record is in that some of the power of the songs is lost in the production. U2's struggle for perfection and over analyzing and lack of confidence in their ability to go with their gut instinct is a real problem for them as i'm sure Chris Thomas,Danger mouse,Red one and Rick Rubin would testify to.
  5. Originally posted by popmarter:Using 4 producers immediately sounds alarm bells especially having Tedder in there who makes their songs sound bland and over produced,Noel Gallagher produced his last album himself he said that he didn't wanna pay a fortune to some guy telling him how his music should sound and the resulting album was a cracker,U2 should do the same Edge is well capable of doing it alongside Lillywhite who could oversee it rather than bringing in these hip producers who just dilute and over polish the songs to a point where they lose their raw sonic appeal .SOI had 5 producers and you can feel how unbalanced that record is in that some of the power of the songs is lost in the production. U2's struggle for perfection and over analyzing and lack of confidence in their ability to go with their gut instinct is a real problem for them as i'm sure Chris Thomas,Danger mouse,Red one and Rick Rubin would testify to.
    4 producers is nothing.
  6. Originally posted by popmarter:Using 4 producers immediately sounds alarm bells especially having Tedder in there who makes their songs sound bland and over produced,Noel Gallagher produced his last album himself he said that he didn't wanna pay a fortune to some guy telling him how his music should sound and the resulting album was a cracker,U2 should do the same Edge is well capable of doing it alongside Lillywhite who could oversee it rather than bringing in these hip producers who just dilute and over polish the songs to a point where they lose their raw sonic appeal .SOI had 5 producers and you can feel how unbalanced that record is in that some of the power of the songs is lost in the production. U2's struggle for perfection and over analyzing and lack of confidence in their ability to go with their gut instinct is a real problem for them as i'm sure Chris Thomas,Danger mouse,Red one and Rick Rubin would testify to.
    I'm probably most excited about the songs Tedder's working on. Of the 4 he did on SOI 3 of them were great Song For Someone, Every Breaking wave and Iris. The Miracle as I've said before I think is decent but nothing more, however as ratios go 3 out of 4 is very good in my eyes.
  7. They've certainly had more than one.

I think Unforgettable Fire had Brian and Danny, and they called in Steve at the last minute to make sure Pride was radio-ready and that he thought they'd be fine putting out this weird album.

JT was the same. Brian and Danny, Steve near the end.

Rattle and Hum was Jimmy Iovine.

Achtung Baby started with just Danny, Brian came in at the end of Berlin, etc.

Zooropa was Edge, Brian, and did Flood get a product credit here too? Can't remember.

Pop was definitely at least two. I can't even remember some of them because they're 90s dance relics at this point :p Flood was one. Howie B? There's one more...

My knowledge of their producers gets murkier here, but I believe ATYCLB was Brian and Danny, Bomb was one or two younger, rock producers.

NLOTH was Brian and Danny again.

SOI was Brian Burton, Ryan Tedder, and a few others...
  8. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    I'm probably most excited about the songs Tedder's working on. Of the 4 he did on SOI 3 of them were great Song For Someone, Every Breaking wave and Iris. The Miracle as I've said before I think is decent but nothing more, however as ratios go 3 out of 4 is very good in my eyes.
    Yeah I like what Bono or Edge said about Tedder too, he just makes everything better he works with.

9. Bomb was Steve Lillywhite I think - with Eno for one track (one step closer)

NLOTH was Eno and Lanois, except for Boots, Crazy, and Stand Up Comedy - they used Lillywhite and those (and I think Will.I.Am for Crazy?).

I REALLY wish they stuck with Eno and Lanois in crafting the entire NLOTH album - those three songs in the middle section really disconnect the whole album. Put in Soon or Winter instead and it's so much more cohesive. But I digress...

10. Bomb was Steve Lillywhite I think - with Eno for one track (one step closer)

NLOTH was Eno and Lanois, except for Boots, Crazy, and Stand Up Comedy - they used Lillywhite and those (and I think Will.I.Am for Crazy?).

I REALLY wish they stuck with Eno and Lanois in crafting the entire NLOTH album - those three songs in the middle section really disconnect the whole album. Put in Soon or Winter instead and it's so much more cohesive. But I digress...
  11. Songs Of Innocence:
    Danger Mouse, Paul Epworth, Ryan Tedder, Flood and Declan Gaffney.

No Line:
    Rick Rubin, Brian Eno, Danny Lanois, Steve Lillywhite.

How To Dismantle:
    Chris Thomas, Steve Lillywhite, Brian Eno, Daniel Lanois, Flood, Jacknife Lee.

ATYCLB:
    Daniel Lanois, Brian Eno.

Per album there are many more "additional producers" but AFAIK these are all listed as "primary" producers. So having 5 producers for SOE is no strange thing for U2.