1. Will they go back to Eno and Lanois ever again?
  2. Meh. I'm in the camp that hated NLOTH and I'd rather not see them go back to those two again. I don't think the problem is necessarily their choice of producer, it's that they aren't willing to commit to any one of their styles. Sleep Like a Baby is so clearly a Danger Mouse produced song. A whole album full of that vibe would've been pretty cool to hear.
  3. No..as long as people continue to steal music producers will not get proper royalties.eno and lanois we're songwriters on no line on the horizon and u2 will not split that pie again.
  4. They sure could. It just depends on what they trying to do with the album and if they like the direction with the current producers.
  5. Originally posted by Remy:Songs Of Innocence:
    Danger Mouse, Paul Epworth, Ryan Tedder, Flood and Declan Gaffney.

No Line:
    Rick Rubin, Brian Eno, Danny Lanois, Steve Lillywhite.

How To Dismantle:
    Chris Thomas, Steve Lillywhite, Brian Eno, Daniel Lanois, Flood, Jacknife Lee.

ATYCLB:
    Daniel Lanois, Brian Eno.

Per album there are many more "additional producers" but AFAIK these are all listed as "primary" producers. So having 5 producers for SOE is no strange thing for U2.
    Yeah and there lies the problems bland over polished un cohesive albums Bomb and No line get more flak from fans than any others.
  6. Originally posted by popmarter:[..]
    Yeah and there lies the problems bland over polished un cohesive albums Bomb and No line get more flak from fans than any others.
    However SOI had 5 producers which is more than NLOTH and generally it's been better received and I personally think it's a better album also so there isn't really a direct link between album quality and number of producers.
  7. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    However SOI had 5 producers which is more than NLOTH and generally it's been better received and I personally think it's a better album also so there isn't really a direct link between album quality and number of producers.
    I'm curious as to how many people will shirk away from an album based solely on the number of producers it has on the label. In fact, I'd go so far to say that maybe only the most astute fans can even recognize a producer based on their work...