1. Keep in Mind that Q always gave 5 or 4 star reviews for any major U2 release in the past decade . This says nothing.
  2. As do Rolling Stone...no indication of quality
  3. Not that I mind either of the above giving them good reviews. The more the merrier.
  4. I have faith in Hot Press. Olaf is on the case:

5. Here’s a question to throw out there, if SOE has say 7 song on a 13 song album that you consider very good but the rest are between decent and poor how would you view the album? Would you be frustrated and see the overall project as a failure or look at it as we’ve got 7 really good new songs?
  6. Originally posted by deanallison:Here’s a question to throw out there, if SOE has say 7 song on a 13 song album that you consider very good but the rest are between decent and poor how would you view the album? Would you be frustrated and see the overall project as a failure or look at it as we’ve got 7 really good new songs?
    It really depends on how low the lows are, how high the highs are and how all the songs perform in the context of each other on the album. I can forgive average to below average songs if they fill their own niche in the album. Complete misses are obviously going to hurt an album's rating, but I've rarely found myself in a situation where I didn't know what U2 was doing when they put out a song.
  7. I think the showman is going to be the best track.
  8. Originally posted by ahn1991:[..]
    It really depends on how low the lows are, how high the highs are and how all the songs perform in the context of each other on the album. I can forgive average to below average songs if they fill their own niche in the album. Complete misses are obviously going to hurt an album's rating, but I've rarely found myself in a situation where I didn't know what U2 was doing when they put out a song.
    Yeah they’re good points. I guess we’ll see everyone’s reaction soon enough. I’ve got a feeling there’s going to be some crackers on there.

9. How do I pass the pay-wall? p