1. That's what I meant.

2. I agree with this also, although I think the fact the recording was reasonably clear means there probably going to consider the song as out there already and if anything they would maybe even ruin the songs reputation by bringing out a studio version that resembled the live versions which would be a let down.
  3. I loved the live version...
  4. The older version is great, but it doesn't feel finished. The live version is great, but it feels more like a live adaptation than a polished studio version. They probably should just leave the two versions as they are.
  5. Jacknife! Me likes.
  6. Interesting. I wonder if they plan to finish SOE, then go on the JT tour and then check if the songs are still good enough. I hope they don't keep meddling with the songs because of their eternal quest for relevance.

7. Mmm, he said it was almost finished during the SOI release, isn't it?

EDIT: I found the exact quote on Sept 2014:
    If you like Songs of Innocence, stay with us for Songs of Experience. It should be ready soon enough… although I know I’ve said that before…
  8. How good would it be if they released it on the first night of the tour. I know it will never happen but if they just started the gig of with 6 or 7 new songs or started with the JT played beautiful ghost/ introduction to songs of experience over the pa then played the new songs and then announced its release. I'd also want it given its own tour of course but that would be amazing. Never going to happen but a nice thought.
  9. Originally posted by deanallison:How good would it be if they released it on the first night of the tour. I know it will never happen but if they just started the gig of with 6 or 7 new songs or started with the JT played beautiful ghost/ introduction to songs of experience over the pa then played the new songs and then announced its release. I'd also want it given its own tour of course but that would be amazing. Never going to happen but a nice thought.
    I believe they're gonna tie in beautiful ghost/ Introduction to Songs of Experience to the album release near the end of the TJT17 tour. Explains why Bono said there's no more dates, if they added a new leg, it would postpone the album again.