1. We have these lyrics for The Morning After Innocence which has supposedly morphed into The Little Things That Give You Away:

I was living a lie, I was calling it a compromise.
    I was making bad deals in front of everyone's eyes.
    Deals now everyone denies.
    I was giving evidence in the court of the hearts desire,
    falsifying documents, virtue thrown in the fire.
    Sometimes I wish that I was stupid and you were not so smart.
    Overcome the head will always overcome the heart.

I'm running out of chance to blow
    That's what you told me and you should know
    Lead me in the way I should go
    Unravel the mystery of the heart and its defence
    The morning after innocence

Is that your fountain pen? Navy with a nib of gold.
    Could you write your name again and do anything you were told, in 10 Cedarwood Road.
    I'm your older self, the song of experience.
    I've come to ask for help from your song of innocence.

Lead me in the way I should go.
    I'm running out of chances to blow.
    That's what you told me and you should know.

Now, this is the first recording of The Little Things... https://goo.gl/0rXINr

Not sure if they have something to do, but I think they don't So, either these lyrics are now used for another song / or scrapped altogether / or Morning didn't morph into Little Things.
  2. Good. Those lyrics sound like he was writing a journal article not a song anyway
  3. Originally posted by LikeASong:We have these lyrics for The Morning After Innocence which has supposedly morphed into The Little Things That Give You Away:

I was living a lie, I was calling it a compromise.
    I was making bad deals in front of everyone's eyes.
    Deals now everyone denies.
    I was giving evidence in the court of the hearts desire,
    falsifying documents, virtue thrown in the fire.
    Sometimes I wish that I was stupid and you were not so smart.
    Overcome the head will always overcome the heart.

I'm running out of chance to blow
    That's what you told me and you should know
    Lead me in the way I should go
    Unravel the mystery of the heart and its defence
    The morning after innocence

Is that your fountain pen? Navy with a nib of gold.
    Could you write your name again and do anything you were told, in 10 Cedarwood Road.
    I'm your older self, the song of experience.
    I've come to ask for help from your song of innocence.

Lead me in the way I should go.
    I'm running out of chances to blow.
    That's what you told me and you should know.

Now, this is the first recording of The Little Things... https://goo.gl/0rXINr

Not sure if they have something to do, but I think they don't So, either these lyrics are now used for another song / or scrapped altogether / or Morning didn't morph into Little Things.
    I've only played it a handful of times today, and obviously the audio quality is not the best, but a line that sticks out to me sounded something like "Sometimes... I see myself from a distance.". I also heard "the end is near" in there somewhere. It's got a great hook with a nice flow. Can't wait to hear it in better quality.
  4. Sounds interesting

5. Originally posted by Caledonia:[..]
    I've only played it a handful of times today, and obviously the audio quality is not the best, but a line that sticks out to me sounded something like "Sometimes... I see myself from a distance.". I also heard "the end is near" in there somewhere. It's got a great hook with a nice flow. Can't wait to hear it in better quality.
    Maybe this?

Naima by Bono #U2ieTour

A post shared by U2 Official (@u2) on

6. Originally posted by TomKouril:Sounds interesting

He's probably talking about Beautiful Ghost/ Introduction To Songs of Experience...
  7. Originally posted by Caledonia:[..]
    I've played it a few times now, too, and my first reaction is it sounds like something that could have been on HTDAAB...maybe? Sounds nice enough despite not the best sound quality.

I'm still just hoping that "The Best Thing" finally shows up on the new album!
  8. i hope they are found something special like selling SOE at the concerts!! i mean you never know a few years ago they randomly added their album onto everybody's itunes so you never know