1. This new album is The slowest i've seen a thread in a while.
  2. Originally posted by bpt3:Anybody in the U.S. that pre-ordered the deluxe album from the record company website get their copy yet? Still waiting on mine...

I Got My box set today from live nation ...in italy
  3. Lol, it's because people are arguing about it in every other thread.

I fucking love this album. Call me a fanboy. I love the music, the lyrics, I love listening to it and thinking the whole time "man, this is the band who recorded Boy, now listen to the songs they're writing". I love that Bono is singing to his kids as much as singing to himself. It's a very wise album. Little Things is the best song they've written in a very long time, and this album is the best they've written in a very long time IMO. I'm still not bored of it at all. It's dark, heavy, sweet, powerful, etc.

That's why I'm not posting so much. I hate sounding like a fanboy. Plus I'm just too busy enjoying this album to let anyone's negative opinion impact a listen of it
  4. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:[..]
    Lol, it's because people are arguing about it in every other thread.

I fucking love this album. Call me a fanboy. I love the music, the lyrics, I love listening to it and thinking the whole time "man, this is the band who recorded Boy, now listen to the songs they're writing". I love that Bono is singing to his kids as much as singing to himself. It's a very wise album. Little Things is the best song they've written in a very long time, and this album is the best they've written in a very long time IMO. I'm still not bored of it at all. It's dark, heavy, sweet, powerful, etc.

That's why I'm not posting so much. I hate sounding like a fanboy. Plus I'm just too busy enjoying this album to let anyone's negative opinion impact a listen of it
    That's pretty similar to where I am with it. I'm really enjoying it, it isn't tired for me at all. This album is brilliant.
  5. Originally posted by CMIPalaeo:[..]
    That's pretty similar to where I am with it. I'm really enjoying it, it isn't tired for me at all. This album is brilliant.
    +2
  6. I'm still just blown away by Love Is All We Have Left. Such a brief, simple song, but it's so evocative. It's easily among my favourite U2 tracks.
  7. I admit I haven't listened to the album in full since a week ago. I've been listening to some specific songs every now and then, and of course Summer Of Love which is my new phone alarm so I listen to it every morning But I don't think the album is doing any worse than it's usual. It's been 19 days since release and 25 since it leaked, hoping that there'd be a thousand posts a day in this thread is unrealistic.
  8. For what is worth: my girlfriend is what we'd call a casual fan (aka she likes and enjoys all the big hits, Vertigo, One, WOWY, etc. and doesn't really get the more obscure stuff... YET) and she thinks this album is "very nice, although softer and less rocking than SOI, but overall I like it a lot".
  9. Originally posted by LikeASong:For what is worth: my girlfriend is what we'd call a casual fan (aka she likes and enjoys all the big hits, Vertigo, One, WOWY, etc. and doesn't really get the more obscure stuff... YET) and she thinks this album is "very nice, although softer and less rocking than SOI, but overall I like it a lot".
    That being said, she only listens to music while in the car, and SOE is quite probably the less appropiate album for the car apart from Passengers It's a good album for listening at home.
  10. Gave ot a break for couple weeks...back enjoying it now