1. First time I've heard that one. People have mixed opinions about HTDAAB, but I thought the Vertigo tour was well liked.

Wild Horses might be the closest thing we ever see to Acrobat being performed live.
  2. There was just one great version on Vertigo tour - on the dress rehearsal.
  3. Originally posted by ahn1991:[..]

First time I've heard that one. People have mixed opinions about HTDAAB, but I thought the Vertigo tour was well liked.

Wild Horses might be the closest thing we ever see to Acrobat being performed live.

Although Wild horses had already been performed live many times before
  4. Originally posted by ahn1991:[..]

First time I've heard that one. People have mixed opinions about HTDAAB, but I thought the Vertigo tour was well liked.

Bonos hair, the flags during Streets, Bonos voice, massive speech during One, coexist, Bonos hair...
  5. The song really took off on ZooTV . IMO Edges solo gave the song some much needed balls on that tour , same with PoP .

My favorite version is from Boston 2001 . The rant about gun control in America is classic , and 100% correct . "Pull the trigger" "600,000 will go down in the streets in America" "John , we don't need your help" etc .

Just a great version and it needs to come back. Drop Elevation and or Mysterious Ways please .
  6. Originally posted by EDDMB:The song really took off on ZooTV . IMO Edges solo gave the song some much needed balls on that tour , same with PoP .

My favorite version is from Boston 2001 . The rant about gun control in America is classic , and 100% correct . "Pull the trigger" "600,000 will go down in the streets in America" "John , we don't need your help" etc .

Just a great version and it needs to come back. Drop Elevation and or Mysterious Ways please .

You've spoken with the truth, Ed.

Good to see you posting outside the PJ thread btw
  7. I'm legitimately curious as to why people disliked the Vertigo Tour. It had something to satisfy every aspect of the U2 fanbase. It brought back ZooTV, included rare songs from Boy, had Discotheque, 40 to close, and had a ton of snippets. Vertigo had 60 unique songs played and 360 had 61 songs by comparison. It also got not one, but two concert DVDs with drastically different sets.

I think if you were truly dissatisfied with the Vertigo Tour, you probably haven't enjoyed a U2 tour since before ZooTV.
  8. I would have to think hard to give you a list of specific reasons for not liking the Vertigo tour but in short I just don't like it. The album was poor, the stage setup uninspiring, the Chicago DVD was cold and lifeless etc etc. I could go on but I won't.

I applauded the return of the old material but other than that, I really don't enjoy looking back to 2005.
  9. Originally posted by EDDMB:The song really took off on ZooTV . IMO Edges solo gave the song some much needed balls on that tour , same with PoP .

Hell yea! One of my favorite versions. I gotta admit, I was screaming for it to be dropped during Vertigo, but I do miss it now. Edges solos during ZooTv versions were massive.
  10. Originally posted by ahn1991:I'm legitimately curious as to why people disliked the Vertigo Tour. It had something to satisfy every aspect of the U2 fanbase. It brought back ZooTV, included rare songs from Boy, had Discotheque, 40 to close, and had a ton of snippets. Vertigo had 60 unique songs played and 360 had 61 songs by comparison. It also got not one, but two concert DVDs with drastically different sets.

I think if you were truly dissatisfied with the Vertigo Tour, you probably haven't enjoyed a U2 tour since before ZooTV.

I enjoyed the Vertigo tour , much more then 360 . IMO , the best thing about the Vertigo tour was the encores and the classics off Boy .

For the first time in ages , there wasn't a "set encore" . Or a set opener. The band actually had me guessing as to what songs would be played . This makes me appreciate a band like Pearl Jam all the more.

Bullet was similar in 2005 , to the 2001 version . The problem for me , was it seemed to lack the fierce passion of the Elevation versions .

I might be wrong , but I believe 2005 is the only tour year the the band rotated 3 different opening tunes ...Vertigo , COBL and Love & Peace . L&P should have been used more often , love that tune.

The Vertigo tour was solid , I hope their next tour resembles a more "stripped down" show , ala Vertigo/Elevation tours .

Also , go back to playing arenas , like Madison Square Garden !!!