1. There is a new You Too, you can vote for this new poll on the frontpage and discuss it in this thread.

The question of this new You Too is:

Which song performed during the promo tour shows has impressed you the most?
    - The Miracle (of Joey Ramone)
    - Every Breaking Wave
    - California (There Is No End To Love)
    - Song for Someone
    - Cedarwood Road
    - Volcano
    - Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of

Please vote on the frontpage of the website, in this thread you can tell us why you voted for your answer.
    Your vote is valued! Thank you!
  2. I loved EBW during Jo Whiley with the orchestra and it's still the best performance of the song for me... BUT I have to acknowledge that I was very surprised by the performance of California - in fact, it managed to change my view on the song, which I truly disliked before!
  3. The other side of the poll would be: which song has disappointed you the most? And there, The Miracle would get my vote sadly
  4. Every breaking wave, also was very impressed with Volcano.
  5. Song For Someone though EBW is second-close.
  6. EBW for sure and I'm glad Volcano is on 2nd spot...
  7. California. Full band and skipped the parts of the song that I dislike. EBW still does nothing for me.
  8. EBW performed on Jo Whiley and California, which is probably one of my favorite songs from the album.
  9. EBW, especially BBC versions.
    Loved the performance of Stuck in a Moment although Bono's voice wasn't best.
    Song for Someone does nought for me.
    California was ok, stripping back the overproduction, but I feel Edge could be doing much more, even if it's does big fat chords and choppy distortion.
    Volcano was great fun on JH, 7/10 performance.
    Miracle's decent, but I'd like the full electric version to come back - the acoustic take lacks something.
    I want to see Cedarwood Road in full electric - the acoustic version's fine but again, it's got the opportunity to be a big bad belter, stripping it back loses some of the punch.
  10. California on Jools Holland was imo the best song out of their promo stuff.

On most disappointing, I guess SFS just because its kind of a boring song even though i loved it on the album. Im hoping the do an electric EBW, I like the one they do now, but if it keeps up I'll get bored of it quickly.
  11. For me I was super floored by the live début of Volcano on Jools Holland. That super, synthy guitar intro reminded me of Zoo Station and the performance I felt surpassed the original recording IMO. This would sound GREAT as a show opener.

VERY close 2nd for me would have to be EBW. While I liked the studio version, the acoustic version lends much more freedom for Bono's vocal to open and shine, especially the chorus. This surely elevated (no pun intended) over the original in terms of intensity and intimacy for me.
  12. Originally posted by PageU2:For me I was super floored by the live début of Volcano on Jools Holland. That super, synthy guitar intro reminded me of Zoo Station and the performance I felt surpassed the original recording IMO. This would sound GREAT as a show opener.

I'm afraid the band thinks like you, and that's why they're actually thinking of naming the tour after the song.