1. It worked well in the shortened form they used during Elevation pre-Walk On, and the Tribute to Heroes performance brings more than just a lump to my throat. It's a powerful song, but I think the album version misses something.
  2. I've recently started listening to this album in full again a lot as it seems to fit into my life at the moment / does anybody else think this song would make sense on the Joshua Tree tour with all the stuff going on in the world at the moment. Can't believe its been 8 years since a post! I used to always skip over this song but now it's actually one of my favorites.
  3. Originally posted by u2_michaelc:I've recently started listening to this album in full again a lot as it seems to fit into my life at the moment / does anybody else think this song would make sense on the Joshua Tree tour with all the stuff going on in the world at the moment. Can't believe its been 8 years since a post! I used to always skip over this song but now it's actually one of my favorites.
    I think it's a great and underrated song. I'd love to hear it on the current tour and in terms of its message it would fit in but I really can't see it happening especially when they didn't even play it in full on leg 3 of the elevation tour when it would have been even more fitting due to the events that happened prior and the fact it was on the album they were promoting. I think the lyric as well 'she never got to say goodbye to see the colour in his eyes now he's in the dirt' is just incredible, very hard hitting.
  4. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    I think it's a great and underrated song. I'd love to hear it on the current tour and in terms of its message it would fit in but I really can't see it happening especially when they didn't even play it in full on leg 3 of the elevation tour when it would have been even more fitting due to the events that happened prior and the fact it was on the album they were promoting. I think the lyric as well 'she never got to say goodbye to see the colour in his eyes now he's in the dirt' is just incredible, very hard hitting.
    It's a very hard hitting song! Heaven on earth
    We need it now
    I'm sick of all of this
    Hanging around
    Sick of sorrow
    Sick of pain
    Sick of hearing again and again
    That there's gonna be
    Peace on earth

he wants peace for the world as everybody does but it's like he's saying its all in your head / there will never be true peace.
  5. If i remember well in "tribute to heroes" Bono sings :
    Sick of hearing again and again
    That there's never gonna be...peace on earth
    Great tune b.t.w.
    Written For the Omagh bombing.the cruelest bombing ever happened if you Know How it has happened
    Love the passage: They say that what you mock will surely overtake you...i believe in that
    But nowadays it's hard o to think
    DO NOT BECOME A MONSTER....