1. Wow, I didn't know all these shows were recorded in this high quality..

How do people even get soundboard and IEM recordings??

Is there any difference between the iTunes release and this broadcast?
  2. Yeah, all of the Point Depot shows have an astonishing audio quality. Some fans -me among them- doubt that the first 3 recordings are soundboards due to several audio factors (they might be recordings done from the soundboard but with proper microphones). As a general rule, soundboards recording surface due to a tech operator pressing the REC button and then sharing the resultating thing with a friend or a fan which then shares it to a wider audience, etc. Another way is when a taper asks the soundboard techs if he can plug his recorder to an output from the desk (usual for smaller bands, but try that with U2 nowadays haha). IEMs are a totally different thing that I won't discuss here. But the Dublin 89-12-31st concert was broadcast to an estimated audience of 300 millions, so there you go

The iTunes release is widely available in the normal download sites - just check it and decide which you prefer
  3. maybe next years also 4 Dublins gigs
  4. Last night...

5. great im going to listen to this now and tell you what i think..
  6. wtshnn 9*
    iwf 9*
    bishfwilf 9*
    mlk 9*
    uf 9*
    gpII 9*
    desire 9*
    aatwt 9*
    aiwiy snippet
    bad 9*
    vdl 9*
    btbs 9*
    rtss 9*
    pgr 9*
    aoh 9*
    wlctt 9*
    lrm 9*
    thbao 9*
    billy jean snippet
    pride 9*
    40 9*

brilliant show, love the setlist, awesome crowd great sound band is in good form, but by golly has bonos voice matured nicely and gotten better with age, his voice is definitely a 10* now..
    give the show an overall 9/10...
  7. Buttons, you really are effing brilliant.
  8. The New Years Eve gig was my first show i discovered U2. I got that show on tape from a friend of mine with the words; I think you will like this.
    After a first listen I was blown away and that tape was for weeks in my tape recorder. Then I discovered the rest of the discography of U2 and then I went in the Early nineties to tyhe ZooTV tour in Holland and after that live experience i went to every tour at least once.
    So for me the New Years Gig is still very special and I still play it very often!
  9. What a great time it must have been to be a U2-fan
    Attending such energetic, fantastic shows without smartphones and cameras, going home soaking wet, sleep, wake up and read those positive newspapers...
  10. The only negative thought I always have when listening to these shows is "Oh I wished to hear the new songs with THAT voice..." Imagine eg Raised By Wolves, Cedarwood Road... With such roar.
  11. The December 27th show is the absolute pinnacle of these four shows. All those months back when I did the 'Fan of the Month' interview, that's the one I said was my absolute favourite show ever.

It still is.
  12. This thread below should be mentioned when considering these four shows - for those of you who might not have time for all four shows, of course.

http://u2start.com/topic/8238/

Unfortunately, the links no longer work. I believe I have the music on CDR somewhere if anyone is interested.