1. No it's definately not bad. But when you know the 26th version... It's like going back from Zooey Deschanel to my ex really.
  2. I laughed out loud to that due to personal reasons

Offtopic.

(I agree).

The 30th show features the best WOWY ever.
  3. The two lines of Auld Lang Syne before WTSHNN and Bono's Happy Christmas, Happy New Year and all the hoopla for the year 1990 make me miss my younger years. I love that performance it would have been unreal to see it live.
  4. Originally posted by BelgianBono:The only negative thought I always have when listening to these shows is "Oh I wished to hear the new songs with THAT voice..." Imagine eg Raised By Wolves, Cedarwood Road... With such roar.

yes but the accent was different then,
    it makes a difference, he was more irish then or well his accent was more irish,
    but i still think he sounds better now,
    all he has to do is practice and warm up and not get lazy with the singing where he starts to talk/singing which is in between talking and singing,
    when he sings now after practice and warming up he sounds brilliant,
    but i guess he hasnt practiced for a long while now i guess it must hurt now
    which is why he got a nine in this show here, talk/singing and not giving his all
  5. Don't forget it was 25 years ago. Every singer sounds different when he is 30 or 55.

On the recordings I have from the 360 tour Bono sings great and also on the last leg of the Vertigo tour.
  6. like when you here the studio version of stay, \hairs just stand up on me in his voice, way better than this show,
    and an example, miss sarajevo in the 360 shows,
    he sings and he sings beautifully,
    in this show you listen, he sings but talk sings,
    but now he whistles like a bird, his voice is like fine wine
  7. he can sing brilliantly now but i think he gets lazy in his shows, unless it means something to him or whatever..
    but dont get me wrong these point depot shows are nice which is why i gave a 9/10
    but he's way better now, i love his voice now and i love all the studio tracts bc thats where he was not lazy and tried his best and which is why i love my cd's
    and one of my favorite sons ''all i want is you'' again beautiful singing
  8. Bono is great now, but better than he was in the late 80s? Hells naw. He hits high notes these days by either wailing like a banshee or by just not hitting them at all. Back then he was full voice and there was a power and passion behind every note he sung.

Don't get me wrong he's great now, but I think his voice is a lot more brittle, even if he is hitting the notes.
  9. I don't know why Bono doesn't hit the high notes anymore, it's almost like he's afraid he's going to crack, and I agree he does not sing anymore with power and passion but he sings now like an experienced man, he sings not talk/sing/yell he sings more like a broken man very melancholic , he never sung like a low toned bird before but he does now, yes he does not I suppose try hard enough with the passion,power and high notes but he sings now and he could not pull off ebw the way he does now with his voice and tone if he was singing like he does in the point depot shows,
    And this is coming from someone who was raised and surrounded by singers all her life, I have a brilliant ear and all I can say is he got a bit lazy and unpassionate if I can say that..
  10. Had a car drive this morning of 2 hours, decided to listen back to the new year's eve show: amazing. Still amazing to listen back to
  11. Still think he sings better and beautifully now when he puts the effort, like me I guess he's tired, tiredness breaks your will you know