1. And well, of course last night...

2. I can't believe it has been that long since the band performed these epic shows. These performances really stand the test of time.
  3. I make the effort to listen some special times these shows. I love them too much and i dont want to get tired about them.

My fav is the 26 /12 but every show is awesome
  4. This weekend I have listened to The Point 26-12 and 27-12. As said before awsome shows. I love this tour. Bono's voice sounds very strong. Interesting setlists and awsome encores with the BB King band.

The recording of 27-12 has a better live atmosphere comparing to 26-12. The setlist of the 26 is more surprising and the encore is way better. All along the watchtower of the 27th is great with snippets of like a hurricane.

Angel of Harlem should be played always with horns or not played. I like Angel of Harlem of the 26th with the Suspicious minds part. I hope once U2 played a full Suspicious minds.

I would like to say to U2, listen again to these recordings and play WOWY, Streets, One Tree hill, Running, ISHFWLF, like the way you did in those days.

And listening to the songs played with the BB King Band, consider seriously to add some extra musicians/background singers during the coming tour. Sophie and Clauda did a great job. Listen to their vocals during Love rescue me, Love Comes to town, She's a mystery to me.
  5. I was lucky enough to attend two Lovetown shows in Melbourne. Amazing! And I got to hear Hawkmoon in its glorious live version!
  6. Originally posted by ferrari:This weekend I have listened to The Point 26-12 and 27-12. As said before awsome shows. I love this tour. Bono's voice sounds very strong. Interesting setlists and awsome encores with the BB King band.

The recording of 27-12 has a better live atmosphere comparing to 26-12. The setlist of the 26 is more surprising and the encore is way better. All along the watchtower of the 27th is great with snippets of like a hurricane.

Angel of Harlem should be played always with horns or not played. I like Angel of Harlem of the 26th with the Suspicious minds part. I hope once U2 played a full Suspicious minds.

I would like to say to U2, listen again to these recordings and play WOWY, Streets, One Tree hill, Running, ISHFWLF, like the way you did in those days.

And listening to the songs played with the BB King Band, consider seriously to add some extra musicians/background singers during the coming tour. Sophie and Clauda did a great job. Listen to their vocals during Love rescue me, Love Comes to town, She's a mystery to me.
    You speak the truth. Totally agree about Angel Of Harlem and the extra musicians and singers. I wish they brought Running To Stand Still back too (maybe next tour?).
  7. Running to stand still like it was played during the Joshua Tree/Love Town, just the way it was meant on The Joshua Tree.
  8. It's one of the few songs they've never improved live vs the album. It never sounds as touching live as it does on the record. Of course the Dirty Old Town and Hallelujah snippets, and the "still running, still running" extra verses add a special bit, but they've never managed to get it totally right in my opinion. Which is a shame. #offtopic
  9. Originally posted by LikeASong:It's one of the few songs they've never improved live vs the album. It never sounds as touching live as it does on the record. Of course the Dirty Old Town and Hallelujah snippets, and the "still running, still running" extra verses add a special bit, but they've never managed to get it totally right in my opinion. Which is a shame. #offtopic
    U2 played Running to stand still, to fast.
  10. Fast is good
  11. Originally posted by ferrari:This weekend I have listened to The Point 26-12 and 27-12. As said before awsome shows. I love this tour. Bono's voice sounds very strong. Interesting setlists and awsome encores with the BB King band.

agree about AOH and the extra musicians

During ZOO they played an almost a full version of Suspicius minds. It was in the US but i can t remenber the date . If you want i can look for it
  12. Originally posted by patou2:[..]
    agree about AOH and the extra musicians

During ZOO they played an almost a full version of Suspicius minds. It was in the US but i can t remenber the date . If you want i can look for it
    found it: 1992-10-24 - Tempe, Arizona - ASU Sun Devil Stadium