1. Okay! I will do it for night 2 and 4!
  2. So if everyone (who will go to night 2 and/or 4) can PM me, wich camera he/she will use, where he/she will be standing and wich songs they want to film.
  3. Originally posted by DutchU2Fan:So if everyone (who will go to night 2 and/or 4) can PM me, wich camera he/she will use, where he/she will be standing and wich songs they want to film.
    Here's the map:
  4. @dutchU2Fan: your multicams are quite nice except I get dizzy after a while due the high frequency of camera changes and I think some of the lower quality and wobbly camera angles shouldn't be used so often especially when there is another steady shot available but that is my personal opinion, others might like it...
    @all: really do your self a favor: leave your mobile phones/Iphones/Ipads/720p cameras, well virtually ANY compact zoom camera at home. All crap compared to the Sony series HX20V/50V/90V. I still use the HX20V. Tried all models after this but the HX20V is the only one that allows manual control over ISO/shutter during video recording. If you know what you're doing you don't want the auto detection of the camera screwing up your video. You should regard the shutter speed rule and use an ISO setting based on your eyes. The latest model of the Sony series I haven't tried yet. Chrisedge filmed full shows with it and heat does not seem to be a problem by the way.
    I was going to buy the WX500 (and not eh HX90V - who needs GPS and a viewfinder for a concert shoot?) but heard from a friend that it does not allow manual controls during video. I was hoping for a cam with better image stabilisation but looks like I keep the HX20V...maybe someone who owns the HX90V can explain what more manual controls the HX90V offers during video shooting? I thought there was no difference between the two models except the GPS and viewfinder but now heard that it offers more controls during video.
    If you are short on cash go and buy a good camera from Amazon some days before the show, get used to it, take good care of it and return it within two weeks. No, I didn't just say that! ;-)
    My recommendation for anyone close to the stage or b-stage: Use the LX100. Beautiful camera if you know how tu use it.
    Or do it like u2rulesmyworld and use the Panasonic FZ1000. Another one you need to be able to handle to tough.
    I guess I will take my FZ1000 and as a backup the HX20V or HX90V and in case I am standing close to the b-stage and U2 plays there I will use my LX100.
    Just my long two cents.
  5. I do not agree on this part:
    720p cameras, well virtually ANY compact zoom camera
    I make great videos with the Panasonic Lumix at concert, and yes with that camera you can control a lot manual.
    The Brussels multicams did use a lot of my video footage actualy.
    So indeed, do not use your mobile phone, but besides the Sony HX series the Lumix is well known as a good camera to shoot concert video footage (and the sound is nice)
  6. ^^ just make sure the camera has an Exmor sensor to avoid those white vertical lines in videos and "ghost faces".

DutchU2Fan:
    I checked you multicam for Electric Co and you are doing very well with synching, thank God. But like Olli mentioned sometimes your cuts are a bit too fast/much. Maybe this is due to shaky cams and not enough (stable) cams to choose from at the very moment. Or it's personal taste. Good luck with your project! You should edit your post on the front page with the overview/information from the people who want to help you.
  7. Originally posted by U2_Edge:I do not agree on this part:
    720p cameras, well virtually ANY compact zoom camera
    I make great videos with the Panasonic Lumix at concert, and yes with that camera you can control a lot manual.
    The Brussels multicams did use a lot of my video footage actualy.
    So indeed, do not use your mobile phone, but besides the Sony HX series the Lumix is well known as a good camera to shoot concert video footage (and the sound is nice)
    well, I have high expectations and I received footage from virtually all cam models on the market for my multicams and the Panasonic looks really bad compared to the Sony. but then again: I have high expecations and high quality standards
  8. I think telling anyone to leave their preferred camera at home is a bit pretentious - but maybe that's just me I agree with phones not being useful or recommendable for this kind of job, but there are hundreds of video cameras out there that can do a nice job besides the (excellent) Sony HX-V series.

I will be filming with my chosen camera and I sincerely hope the footage will be usable for multicams, whoever edits them - but I won't be getting a new camera only to meet anyone's quality standards.

No personal issue Olli, just my two cents
  9. why plan something in advance with not so good cameras?
    if no good cameras will be used then the multicams will look like the ones from the previous tours and most of them were even outdated back then
    always aim high, that's my motto and since the technological evolution allows really high quality homemade movies why NOT want that and go for it?
  10. we got what we got, I won't go out of my way and buy a new camera. I'll try it and maybe send it in, and if it can be used - great - if not that's alright. maybe it won't be the best multicam one can achieve, but it'd be fun to be part of such a project nonetheless. besides, shouldn't stop high end camera users to try and make a top notch multicam as well
  11. Originally posted by DutchU2Fan:So if everyone (who will go to night 2 and/or 4) can PM me, wich camera he/she will use, where he/she will be standing and wich songs they want to film.
    Soooooo???