1. There's two components for IEM recording.

1. Receiver - you'll need a radio scanner or IEM receiver. Ideally you want to match your IEM receiver to what the band is using on stage.
    2. Recorder - what you connect the receiver to in order to record.

You're asking only about the recorder. Anything that can reliably record a stereo line input (so likely not a phone rig) would work.

Waters uses the Wisycom MPR-50IEM system. Receivers are about $1,500 each. Recorders can be $100-$200.
  2. Originally posted by hoserama:There's two components for IEM recording.

1. Receiver - you'll need a radio scanner or IEM receiver. Ideally you want to match your IEM receiver to what the band is using on stage.
    2. Recorder - what you connect the receiver to in order to record.

You're asking only about the recorder. Anything that can reliably record a stereo line input (so likely not a phone rig) would work.

Waters uses the Wisycom MPR-50IEM system. Receivers are about $1,500 each. Recorders can be $100-$200.
    Thanks for the info!
  3. Originally posted by UnderARedSky:I have a question in regards to my friends. They are thinking of pulling an IEM feed when they see Roger Waters at the O2. Is it possible pulling the feeds with an iPhone, or is it only possible with something like a Tascam or a Zoom? If so, would the Tascam TR-07 be a good starting model?
    Apart from what Hoserama already told you, and assuming you mean the Tascam *DR-07, I'd stay away from it. I've had 2 and both have disappointed me for different reasons - they're just cheap - not only inexpensive. Fork out a bit more, not much, and you can get a better quality recorder, and also a bit more on the stealth side of things (DR05s and 07s are bulky, much bulkier than necessary given their limited specs).
  4. That, and they'll need to sift through the 20+ iem feeds for Waters to find one that's listenable with a decent mix and not overpowered by click track and cues. Something tells me they don't know what they're trying to bite off!