1. I go on and off this song, but it's great. I was SURE it would come back for 360, I was wrong LOL maybe next tour
  2. I've stumbled across the Lakeland version of Wild Horses in my goear account and I'm gonna bump this topic, and also change the topic title, just to centralize all the discussions about this song here.

You might be more than right with the "central piece of Achtung Baby"... This song might seem unfinished to the band and some fans on the album, but it's so meaningful, so beautiful, so painful... The slow part before the last chorus gets me everytime, it's like the "I remember when we could sleep on stones" part of Ultraviolet. Both never fail to get some strong shivers down my spine. And I think they're related in a sense, too.

Ah, the deeper I spin
    Ah, I would hunt for your ivory skin
    Took a drive on the dirty rain
    To a place where the winds call your name
    Under the trees the river laughing at you and me
    Helllujah, heavens white rose
    The doors you open, I just can't close

Don't turn around, don't turn around again
    Don't turn around your gypsy heart
    Don't turn around, don't turn around again
    Don't turn around, and don't look back
    COME ON, NOW, LOVE
    DON'T YOU LOOOOOK BAAAAAAAAAAAACKKKK.............

Seriously. If this doesn't get you shavering or at least thoughtful... You haven't lived.
  3. OMG! This is such a beautiful version of this song! Horses is one of my favorites from the Zoo Tour. It's too bad I didn't appreciate it when I saw that tour. Wow.

I love the way Bono sings the song in this version. It's very heartfelt and honest. Of course the band sounds great, as well. And that ending...What is he singing before the last chorus starting with "Come on now love..." Then is it "keep me warm"? "Hang on, Don't hang on...this isn't a boy in love" Is that right? I love it!

Back to some of the previous post. The 'slipping or sweeping slow..." part. Has anyone figured out what Bono is actually singing? I have listened to so many different versions and I still can't hear it correctly.

Anyway, thanks for posting this beautiful song. Definitely a center piece of the AB album and ZooTV tour.
  4. I think it never got the right attention (maybe they didn't get it right in their opinion) in the Zoo TV tour, that's why it was dropped for New Year's Day mid-tour... Don't know.
    Anyway, the first leg versions are utterly amazing, specially that one of Lakeland and the one from 03-05 Atlanta (7 minutes because Bono forgets the "Don't turn around" part and they come back to it later - recommended. Also the "don't YOU LOOk baaaaack is awesome).
    And yes, I think it's "keep me warm, keep me warm" but I think it was "this is a boy in love" - which drastically changes the meaning
  5. They had drop it by the time I saw a ZooTV show back in September of 1992 and I remembering being a bit disappointed that they didn't include it in the show.

Such a great song.
  6. Love this song. Bring it back for the next tour?
  7. It's worthy of bringing back - they had it on Vertigo at least.

Anyone else like the 'Baby' version of WH?
  8. Next to So Cruel lyrically wise one of my very favorites, it's an amazing song
  9. bring this one back..
    ..the version that there were working on while they spent thier time in Winnepeg was fantastic!
    10:30-13:00 mark of the SKY DOWN!!

10. I like all of them. Horses is no exception.
  11. Love Is Blindness is by far the best one of all. It's like a whole new song.
  12. I know I'm hardly around these days, but given the topic, it's a travesty that I haven't ever posted something in it.

Needless to say, still my favourite song by any artist to this day. Has some competition, for sure, but gets me every time. G chords at the ready...