2015-05-18 - San Jose
Tour: Innocence and Experience tour
Songs played: 25
Audio recordings: 3
  1. Originally posted by Bloodraven:Suggestion...

Could we have a different thread for:

a) uploaded videos? so they don't clutter the discussion thread AND they're easier to find.

b) each show? 2 50+ pages thread instead of 1 100+ pages thread are easier to navigate.

If we don't, whatever, is still awesome the way it is now.
    We're gonna have a dedicated thread for videos, but not for each show / multiple nights. Thanks for the suggestion Raven
  2. I don't like The Miracle as a opener song... I hope they move Even Better up or open with something else, the opener have to be big, have to explode and The Miracle is not exploding anything
  3. Originally posted by cqleonardo:I don't like The Miracle as a opener song... I hope they move Even Better up or open with something else, the opener have to be big, have to explode and The Miracle is not exploding anything
    I agree, Joey Ramone sounds good, but it is not an opener a la Blinding Lights, Elevation, Mofo or Zoo Station.
  4. but why? the album version is rocking it, in my opinion.
  5. I think the live version is better, since Edge reworked several parts, but it's not as powerful as Elevation or so, but then I can't think of another song from SoI that could be such an opener. So, it's not bad, it's just not as powerful as an opener can be
  6. There are other songs that could work as an opener (even California I admit), but I really like The Miracle. I think intense audiences will appreciate it a lot more
  7. The song is good but there is something missing there...
  8. Scrap the 30 seconds or so of 'OH OHHHHH' and just launch in with the drums. Or change the opener.
  9. into? Then it should be an old song (which is very much not a U2 thing to do) There are not really big anthems on SoI
  10. Originally posted by dieder:[..]
    into? Then it should be an old song (which is very much not a U2 thing to do) There are not really big anthems on SoI
    I fancied Cedarwood but they have made that a centre piece of the whole show so that won't happen. Miracle could work well but it just needs tweaked slightly. It's too slow to get going.
  11. Lucifer's Hands could work as an opener, but it'll be like repeating Stingray from 360.
  12. I just watched When Love Comes To Town and I am THRILLED and both disappointed. They managed to do such a great job in reviving a gem for the past and making it fit into this new tour, it all really worked well and the audience got engaged. So why not do this with other gems? There are so many out there. I am really hoping they realised this too and bring some nice gems in for San Jose.

With regards to what worked and not: please get rid of Sunday Bloody Sunday in this form as well, it doesn't work.