2015-05-18 - San Jose
Tour: Innocence and Experience tour
Songs played: 25
Audio recordings: 3
  1. Originally posted by germcevoy:[..]
    I fancied Cedarwood but they have made that a centre piece of the whole show so that won't happen. Miracle could work well but it just needs tweaked slightly. It's too slow to get going.
    I agree. My thoughts on Cedarwood as well.
  2. Originally posted by Remy:I just watched When Love Comes To Town and I am THRILLED and both disappointed. They managed to do such a great job in reviving a gem for the past and making it fit into this new tour, it all really worked well and the audience got engaged. So why not do this with other gems? There are so many out there. I am really hoping they realised this too and bring some nice gems in for San Jose.

With regards to what worked and not: please get rid of Sunday Bloody Sunday in this form as well, it doesn't work.
    It should be easy. Just a 5 minute experimental slot. The song doesn't need to be massively rehearsed. Bono is even using a huge lyric sheet for Love Comes to Town.
  3. That section of the show is not tied to any visuals (just a fan taping them), so if they're going to revive old gems, it has to be there. I'm hoping that WLCTT returns for more shows.
    Regarding SBS, I wasn't thrilled by it, but it was still better than in Vertigo or 360.
  4. Oh yeah and that part where a fan comes up and records them, that doesn't work either.
  5. I don't think a lot of it works. Those sections with the band inside the screen are kinda like watching a band at the cinema or something. I can't see myself really getting lost in the moment while starting at a screen that isn't even showing the band at times.
  6. Originally posted by germcevoy:[..]
    I don't think a lot of it works. Those sections with the band inside the screen are kinda like watching a band at the cinema or something. I can't see myself really getting lost in the moment while starting at a screen that isn't even showing the band at times.
    it's a nice moment when they appear through the screen at the end of the song though. Don't really know if the song works however

7. Definitely 100% correct on this.
  8. I'm still holding on to miracle, I like it so much

the camera thing is cute, not sure I -need- it in there, but I suppose it's part of the "getting intimate with the audience" thing.

oh and the animation for invisible is awful. why don't they do the same as for the single video?
  9. +1, they need another opener.

I read all about this lightbulb thing and then they still go live in semi-lightning, why's that? Just start in complete dark, one light, and rock the place.
  10. Originally posted by flowerchild:I'm still holding on to miracle, I like it so much

the camera thing is cute, not sure I -need- it in there, but I suppose it's part of the "getting intimate with the audience" thing.

oh and the animation for invisible is awful. why don't they do the same as for the single video?
    +1
  11. Originally posted by Remy:[..]
    +1, they need another opener.

I read all about this lightbulb thing and then they still go live in semi-lightning, why's that? Just start in complete dark, one light, and rock the place.
    Bring back Breathe.