2015-05-18 - San Jose
Tour: Innocence and Experience tour
Songs played: 25
Audio recordings: 3
  1. Originally posted by germcevoy:[..]
    I don't think a lot of it works. Those sections with the band inside the screen are kinda like watching a band at the cinema or something. I can't see myself really getting lost in the moment while starting at a screen that isn't even showing the band at times.

I doubt if they'll change the thing with them being inside the screen, it's such an integral part of the stage setup but anything can happen..

The Miracle needs some tweaking, getting rid of the ohs as others have said, at the start could make a difference, just look what it did to California without the 'Santa Barbara' at the start.
  2. Reach Me Now? Could be an opener.

They could also bring back Mofo ofcourse
  3. The "ooh ooh"s in Miracle didn't work because the audience was dead silent. Bring back the south american crowds and they'll sound awesome as the intro.
  4. Originally posted by germcevoy:[..]
    I don't think a lot of it works. Those sections with the band inside the screen are kinda like watching a band at the cinema or something. I can't see myself really getting lost in the moment while starting at a screen that isn't even showing the band at times.
    I thought the part were the became visible would make a bigger impact, but the crowd reacted kinda mehhh to it.
  5. On the Ramones intro we hear The Real Thing and Discotheque mixed in it, The Real Thing has been played, can we expect a return of Discotheque as well?
  6. Not being able to see the band does not sound like a good tactic to me. The band pride themselves on getting closer to their audience. I'm not sure if watching them through a cage has that desired effect.

Still early days but it does not seem tremendously well thought out to me.
  7. Originally posted by germcevoy:[..]
    Not being able to see the band does not sound like a good tactic to me. The band pride themselves on getting closer to their audience. I'm not sure if watching them through a cage has that desired effect.

Still early days but it does not seem tremendously well thought out to me.
    They did the same during 360 with Zooropa, but the Claw would go wild with all kind of colors etc. Now it just a screen with very little to see during Invisible.
  8. Originally posted by bartajax:[..]
    They did the same during 360 with Zooropa, but the Claw would go wild with all kind of colors etc. Now it just a screen with very little to see during Invisible.
    like I said, the animation awful. bring back the animations from the invisible video! there is a month long tour break, right? who knows what they'll possibly change during that time.
  9. I thought Joey Ramone worked fine, imho the video shows that people got into the woo-hoo's... I also felt it could be improved, but on the other hand it sounds way better in the bootleg than in the videos (imo)

I've already said that I didn't liked the phone girl gimmick, but some people -including those actually at the shows said it was a nice moment. Still I would try to make that moment more "organic".

And I liked the screen effects so far, even in invisible, also people at the show have said it wasn't awkward that moment... Not sure if it would work better in a different way...
  10. Yes to both of these!

Joey Ramone to open encore? We will see how it progresses as show opener over the next few weeks...
  11. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    We're gonna have a dedicated thread for videos, but not for each show / multiple nights. Thanks for the suggestion Raven

Great!

And since we're at it... how about threads to discuss individual songs?
    Everybody has opinions on what they like/dislike about the ie live versions of each song, and all those opinions get lost in the middle of the threads which doesn't encourage a dialog/discussion, just a collection of random thoughts.
    (At least for the new material)

Like I said before, I don't mind if things stay the same, I'm here because I enjoy this community a lot, I don't care too much about the forum organization)
  12. Originally posted by Bloodraven:[..]

Great!

And since we're at it... how about threads to discuss individual songs?
    Everybody has opinions on what they like/dislike about the ie live versions of each song, and all those opinions get lost in the middle of the threads which doesn't encourage a dialog/discussion, just a collection of random thoughts.
    (At least for the new material)

Like I said before, I don't mind if things stay the same, I'm here because I enjoy this community a lot, I don't care too much about the forum organization)
    I'll give you some of that

The Miracle (of Joey Ramone)
    Every Breaking Wave
    California (There Is No End To Love)
    Song For Someone
    (...=

It works like that for the rest of the album Every song has a dedicated topic already.