the
    CLOCK
    has stayed
    the same

its you that needs to [unreadable]
    you [feel?] so much better than you look
    you say you are on top
    is it just that you can't stop?
  2. this is really really really exciting...
  3. I thought it was really really really dark-ish...

(...and I was hoping someone could fill the gaps...)
  4. what does it all mean ?
    i have to go now and have a shower
    seeya all later..
  5. Good question! Best is, I think, to treat it as art - or a "work" as is was fashionable to say.
    What makes it hard to interpret though is the fact that the context isn't exactly clear (art is – and always was! – all about context: x means y in context c). It was posted on instagram by the official u2 account but I'm not sure this is the proper context "c". To me it seems more like a report of the band members are/were doing.

Having that said, if we look at Jack, it seems like a reflection on the idea that cause and effect both are part of an integrated whole. An idea, btw, that has been around at least 2,700 years, most likely even longer. Anyway, the work (of art?) is ironic - and thus in a sense romantic! - because the idea as such seems to exclude freedom while the artistic expression suggest freedom as a necessary condition.
    Perhaps Jack represents the idea that works of art may cause effects that are not intended by the artist. This is, I think, a genuine fear and this fear may frustrate the artistic process...

The "sometimes" piece and the "clock" may also be interpreted along these lines: reflections of an artist on the very creative process itself. "Sometimes" as the muse with a self-destructive tension (again a romantic theme!) and the "clock" that warns against (self) repetitiveness...
  6. I just think those are lyrics and it means that SoE is really taking shape now.
  7. What's the main stage lightbulb doing there?
  8. Maybe they're FINALLY bringing up the orchestra? Or doing the two different concerts approach?

This is the story of how a single pic can ignite many forgotten wishes
  9. Very nice. They are so determined. They keep practicing and rehearsing to improve themselves every night, even after so many years and shows. Amazing.

I just tweeted to someone about Lucifer's Hands, another example of how a song can go from a rehearsal-type of performance to a very good live tune in a week or so. That's what this band can do.