1. Originally posted by ahn1991:Yes, ban tablets. A phone screen hovering above the crowd is totally understandable, but a huge screen like that? No way.
    I'd say 500 smartphones are just as distracting as one tablet

I once told a guy who was standing against the first row barrier to stop looking at his facebook and whatsapp with his phone in maximum brightness because it was disrespectful towards the band he had paid 40 bucks to see; he told me to shut the fuck up as he had an invitation and hadn't paid a thing. A small discussion started among some other audience members, and as the song finished the singer of the band asked publicly this guy to turn this phone off. Bazzzzzinga!!!
  2. And we wonder why the atmosphere is less and less during concerts...

Said it before, I'd like the idea that bands say "Hey, we're gonna give you access to tons of photos, a bootleg and some videos of the show when you enter the code on your tickets to our website. Now please lay down your phones etc. and enjoy the party with us."
  3. Originally posted by BelgianBono:And we wonder why the atmosphere is less and less during concerts...

Said it before, I'd like the idea that bands say "Hey, we're gonna give you access to tons of photos, a bootleg and some videos of the show when you enter the code on your tickets to our website. Now please lay down your phones etc. and enjoy the party with us."
    I've seen some (smaller) bands do that and it improves the live experience for them and for us.

It wouldn't work on an arena or a stadium though.
  4. I'm really into photography (photo mod here and all) but last tour I didn't take any photos... I was in the second row of the inner circle, right in front of them so I could have taken great photos but I rather enjoy the concert, especially being my first. Still absolutely no regrets...
  5. Hmm don't know... It would at least help. Sure people will take a picture of the stage and a selfie, but maybe they won't take tons of pics or film the whole thing...

On the other hand : if I'm not at the show, I like the feeds and fan-vids...
  6. Originally posted by martahU2:I'm really into photography (photo mod here and all) but last tour I didn't take any photos... I was in the second row of the inner circle, right in front of them so I could have taken great photos but I rather enjoy the concert, especially being my first. Still absolutely no regrets...
    I just uploaded my very first set of photos ever to this site. Please be kind.
  7. Most of them made the cut. Some of them are truly great!
  8. I'm just glad to be able to contribute after having gotten so much out of this community.
  9. I tried once to take a video, didn't enjoyed the song and when I got home I realized that it was very crappy anyway... and that there were already a couple of (better) videos uploaded to youtube, so I just came to the conclusion that that was totally pointless.

If you're really good or a pro, please do it. Otherwise, why bother?
  10. ↑ This.

Bono must have read this thread before tonight's show, lol
  11. Proving you were there is more important than actually being there for most people these days. One of the best things I ever did in my life was to not join Facebook. It's fantastic not having to look at people competing with each other about how good their lives are.

I genuinely hope these people who bury their faces in phones at concerts get to relive the moment with their vertical videos.
  12. Originally posted by germcevoy:Proving you were there is more important than actually being there for most people these days. One of the best things I ever did in my life was to not join Facebook. It's fantastic not having to look at people competing with each other about how good their lives are.

I genuinely hope these people who bury their faces in phones at concerts get to relive the moment with their vertical videos.
    It does seem that way. Last festival I was at, loads of people just had their hands in the air, snapping away on their cameras, then checking the photos immediately. That's hardly living the moment, taking in the atmosphere and letting the whole thing wash over you, is it? I took lots of photos when I was walking around, but when I'm watching a band, I'm watching a band. If your attention is on something else, why bother?