1. The comments on this thread are so true its scary. I went to resturant with the family last week, looked around me and about 50% of customers were on their smart phones rather than talking to the people they had come to have a meal with. What a sad state of affairs.
  2. Originally posted by Hans23:The comments on this thread are so true its scary. I went to resturant with the family last week, looked around me and about 50% of customers were on their smart phones rather than talking to the people they had come to have a meal with. What a sad state of affairs.
    That's a different matter altogether, although quite related indeed.

These are quite probable the same people that hold up their phones during the whole concert, taking blurry photos from the same angle than 1000 other fans, and recording crappy video that they won't ever upload or share with anyone.

I've seen situations where people were even talking through whatsapp groups with friends that were sitting besides them Turn the fucking phone off and enjoy your beer or your meal, then you'll have the rest of the day free to waste it in your 720p screen
  3. There's a new trend against this... It consists in a "game", so to speak; you meet with several friends, and everyone put their smartphones against the table. They speak to each other and have a great time together, phones aside. The first one to pick his phone up pays the beer/shots/whatever round of everyone else!

EDIT. I found a link for it, it's called Phone Stack: http://es.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Phone+Stack

I wish friends would do that at concerts
  4. I'm a photographer so I shot images during the 360 tour but still managed to enjoy myself on the rail and in the inner circle. When I was front and center at 360 Miami, Bono was playing directly to me, full on eye contact like you would not believe. I did the whole trying to reach out to touch him during Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me and he did the same.

5. God that first picture of UABRS band is scary
  6. As a photographer and a music fan, sometimes its hard to balance both. Its rewarding (and fun) to get neat shots of favourite bands, but also have to make sure to put the camera down at times...

That being said, I hate vertical video on Youtube.
  7. Yeah, balance is hard to achieve... but it's achievable
  8. GoPro, nothing more to say
  9. How is the sound quality on the latest GoPro? I've seen people use it at concerts before with a pole and as long as you point it at the right angle, it seems to work well.
  10. I like what Jack White did. I saw him last summer and he basically had a guy come on stage a few minutes before Jack White came on and said "Jack told me to personally share with you that he does not want phones, tablets, etc. to be out at any point during the show. We have professional photographers that will be doing the work for you. Jack wants you to live in the moment. Live now." something like that, but it was cool because everyone was paying attention and engaged. It's sad that it has to come down to a PR guy telling people to put the phones away though hah
  11. Originally posted by alishia65:[..]
    How is the sound quality on the latest GoPro? I've seen people use it at concerts before with a pole and as long as you point it at the right angle, it seems to work well.
    I don't know But IF I'm going to use a GoPro, I will probably mount it on my head.