1. For multi-cams matrixes no doubt. Except...they shoot vertically...ugh.
  2. when I attended the 2005 show in munich I had a guy in front of me who was handeling at least 3 cams at once - a nightmare ... so long untill a security noticed him and took his cams away
  3. This might be a huge stretch, but you have to wonder if U2 as an up-and-coming band would have even made it these days due to this issue. The band have said countless times that crowds were always impressed by Bono because of the way he was different than most singers. He would look you in the eye and confront the crowd rather than sing with his eyes closed or pretend he didn't notice them. With so many audiences barely even paying attention these days, especially at a club where a new no-name band is playing, would U2 have impressed people the same way?

It truly is a fucking sad state of affairs, and I hate myself everyday for being a part of it. I own an iphone, I'm not going to act like I don't look at it for a large portion of my day, but I don't like it. So many of the things I follow (including this community) are accessible through my phone and it's just so convenient to be able to pop stuff open.

I'll never spend most of a concert filming though. Hell no. I'm too busy grooving to the music and screaming my lungs out
  4. They would notice it, but only afterwards
    Or on YouTube.
  5. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:This might be a huge stretch, but you have to wonder if U2 as an up-and-coming band would have even made it these days due to this issue. The band have said countless times that crowds were always impressed by Bono because of the way he was different than most singers. He would look you in the eye and confront the crowd rather than sing with his eyes closed or pretend he didn't notice them. With so many audiences barely even paying attention these days, especially at a club where a new no-name band is playing, would U2 have impressed people the same way?

It truly is a fucking sad state of affairs, and I hate myself everyday for being a part of it. I own an iphone, I'm not going to act like I don't look at it for a large portion of my day, but I don't like it. So many of the things I follow (including this community) are accessible through my phone and it's just so convenient to be able to pop stuff open.

I'll never spend most of a concert filming though. Hell no. I'm too busy grooving to the music and screaming my lungs out
    Its funny I was just thinking about this today... sort of. Seeing the band throughout the 80's before the advent of high tech and the world wide web was just as magical as seeing them take technology as far as it could go in the 90's and beyond. Watching them grow from clubs to stadiums and always be able to keep it intimate has always wowed me.

Hell... most pictures I have of them live are before digital camera age! I have nothing but respect and gratitude for those who dedicate themselves to recording and sharing. I'm not a great multi tasker... I need to be focused when I am in church.
  6. i think it would completely bug me if i went to a show and all i can see in front of me are cell phones and arms especially since im so short
  7. Originally posted by Toxic:when I attended the 2005 show in munich I had a guy in front of me who was handeling at least 3 cams at once - a nightmare ... so long untill a security noticed him and took his cams away
    He was a taper for sure. Respect.

I have seen tapers pulling an IEM recording (often two!), an audience microphone recording, and two different HD video recordings at the same time, one wide open shot and other foreground. You and I can enjoy the shows thanks to people like that Maximum respect.
  8. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    He was a taper for sure. Respect.

I have seen tapers pulling an IEM recording (often two!), an audience microphone recording, and two different HD video recordings at the same time, one wide open shot and other foreground. You and I can enjoy the shows thanks to people like that Maximum respect.
    ^^ Maximum respect.
  9. I think also a lot of the overuse in video and camera use is that some people, like me, are only going to see them once this tour. Maybe twice. And with the staging the way it is in an arena this is one of the only chances to actually see the band this close. Wanting to document it is kind of natural even though we really should be trying to enjoy the moment. I hadn't planned on using my phone a lot because I was like,"pft, someone else is videotaping this right now I'm sure, it'll be on YouTube, U2start, etc eventually." But once you're actually there I freaked out a bit (I was by the E-stage at the railing) since I was RIDICULOUSLY CLOSE to the band. So I felt this weird urge to both record video and photos while still enjoying being there. In a way I'm happy since with my phone (Galaxy S6) I got some EPIC video and can relive it whenever.

It's definitely possible to enjoy the show and record, but mainly for us hardcore fans that kind of know ahead of time what songs to record and what songs have the band doing certain things.
  10. Agree with Genaro. Knowing which songs will feature which moves/positions from the band or certain visuals on the screen makes it easier to film what you want and not some random stuff you might not be that interested afterwards.

Another example of what we're discussing:

11. Originally posted by LikeASong:Agree with Genaro. Knowing which songs will feature which moves/positions from the band or certain visuals on the screen makes it easier to film what you want and not some random stuff you might not be that interested afterwards.

Another example of what we're discussing:

[image]
    The irony here is that it's a great photo. Was it done by a fan or one of the band's professional photographer?