1. [RS] How is the app working from your perspective?

[Adam] I'm kind of happy to say that actually people, although they're doing it, I think they're losing interest in it. Rather than having an experience through a phone, people are willing to be part of the real-world experience that's happening there and now. That's a good sign.

2. Rolling Stones, Austin 2006

I bet the person with the disposable camera had the best photos of all
  3. The overuse of phones / cameras is a fact. On the other hand the shouting "I never stare into the phone on a concert, I am always In The Moment" is a kind of fashion and I am sure it is often a superficial pose from people who just always need need to be "better than others". Of course it depends on the person, of course being there and enjoying the hell out of it is the best thing to do. But taking some pictures and videos can make for a very nice souvenir, especially with good equipment, which is no problem today. In my experience, if I re-live the gig through some pics and videos that I took, I keep the gig in my memory way better. Pictures and videos from others, no matter how good, don't really do the same job. But yeah, it is higly personal and opinions can differ dramaticly here, which is fine of course.
  4. Crossposting from the Joshua Tree @ Manila thread:

I paid less than you for your tickets to I am more entitled to holding my phone up for the whole show... loooool

5. My first, and only U2 concert so far, I took so many photos. Sadly my phone wasn’t backed up and when it broke I lost all of those pictures. They weren’t great but I do love seeing other people’s photos and videos. For instance I love watching the Boston show someone recorded from July 10 2015 because even though it’s from the opposite side of the arena where I was I close my eyes and poof! I’m right back In my section.
  6. Never forget. The beautiful symmetry of the old man on face time with a light over his head as the band play with a light over their heads too.

7. The ONE thing that I miss so much is the camera flashes going off all over the stadium. Ahhh I love it.

8. Yes, specially with the mirror-ish Vertigo background screen!

I bet none of these thousands of pics looked great though