1. Hey, what can I do? Bono likes the piano.
  2. OMG...I still can not believe that we - fanclub members that is! - are about to receive a FREE album, just like in the days of old! Thank god they also send us vinyl, for I haven't used my computer in ages! Can't wait to hear the new songs live!
  3. OK, so Boy was realeased on iTunes? I better stay out of this... Next thing you are telling me is that nobody ever heard of Imannuel Kant...!
  4. I heard a copy of Boy will be included in every Apple II computer.
  5. 1985-07-13 - London, England - Wembley Stadium Live Aid

01 (SBS) City Of Blinding Lights
    02 (Bad) Kite - 12 minutes version

(they should have played Beautiful Day too, but because of long Kite there was no time...)
  6. This is as absurd as it gets.
    (in a good sense)

I love you guys
  7. oh, nice that you liked it!
    Those set lists are very interesting (absurd, but interesting!)

That acoustic Electric Co, though... I'd change it for An Cat Dubh, even if it's a weird acoustic version, as long as Bono doesn't impersonates a cat anymore.

And 12 minute Kite in Live Aid...
    I had imagined Walk On in there but Kite is perfect... taking the girls to dance on the stage... trying to imagine the snippets in full pop-culture inverse chronology aswell...
  8. 1991 (AB) = Achtung Baby

The Cold War's over and a new decade has ushered in flannel and American teen angst.

Just about the only thing that hasn't changed in pop culture is U2.

They arguably haven't surprised us since the Reagan administration.

Well they get no points for innovation here, but it seems they've finally perfected the act they've been working on since Pop.

While the sound remains nearly the same, they've accomplished a different kind of first:

This third release in U2's "Ironic Spirituality" phase is probably the first time in history that a threequel has outshone the first two installments.
  9. This is such a cool idea. I'm going to have a field day with this baby
  10. ...In the morning that is. Night, all
  11. Songs of Innocence (1980)

Singles:
    Cedarwood Road
    The Miracle (of Joey Ramone)

1980: iNNOCENCE + eXPERIENCE Tour

01 The Miracle (of Joey Ramone)
    The opener of Songs of Innocence, regarded by many as the album’s strongest track and a staple of live shows, sometimes even being played early in the main set and again in the encore
    02 Cedarwood Road
    Along with the preceding song, one of two singles from Songs of Innocence and probably their best live song. It shows the post-punk influence in U2’s music better than any other track as well as showing the themes of growing up in Dublin that are such a presence on Songs of Innocence.
    03 Lucifer’s Hands
    Due to their small discography at this time, U2 have to play B-sides to pad out their live shows. Another strongly punk-influenced song, Lucifer’s Hands, the flip-side to Cedarwood Road, doesn’t disappoint the audience with its energy.
    04 Song For Someone
    After a punk rocking show opening, Song For Someone calms things down. A slower song about first love, written by frontman Bono for his longtime sweetheart Alison Stewart, some listeners and critics find the song weak, but it’s proven popular with their audience.
    05 California (There Is No End To Love)
    Written about the band’s first trip to California while working on Songs of Innocence, this song shows that U2 is already musically versatile and many critics hope its soaring sonic landscapes are an indication of things to come from this band, although it has to be said that this is one song from the album that the band are still having a little trouble figuring out how to play live.
    06 This Is Where You Can Reach Me Now
    A lively, upbeat song that gets the audience moving, U2 prove their musical roots with this song inspired by The Clash. This one is proving a real highlight of their concerts.
    07 Raised By Wolves/Psalm 23 [snippet]
    One of the defining songs of Songs of Innocence, Raised By Wolves demonstrates the band’s political consciousness, especially to the rocky state of affairs in their native Ireland. Inspired by devastating car bombings that took place in Dublin in not-too-distant memory, this edgy song ends with Bono performing a chilling recitation from the Bible, which immediately leads into...
    08 Volcano
    …the throbbing bass of Volcano. Some have accused this song of being ‘filler' on the album, but it’s shown itself to be a powerful, energetic live performance.
    09 Iris (Hold Me Close)
    While some find this song, an anthem in honour of Bono’s deceased mother, to be a bit weird or weak in its studio format, it’s one of their best live songs.
    10 The Crystal Ballroom
    Another b-side, The Crystal Ballroom is almost always a part of the setlist, often played after Iris because both involve Bono’s grief at losing his mother as a young teen. Like that song, The Crystal Ballroom has proven popular and is a highlight for many fans.
    11 Sleep Like a Baby Tonight
    An odd one, this — one of two tracks from Songs of Innocence that isn’t regularly played. The Crystal Ballroom often concludes the main set, but occasionally The Troubles follows it; tonight, the band have opted to play the haunting Sleep Like a Baby Tonight, a decision that they’ve only made a handful of times. This is one of the more divisive songs from the album, with many not regretting its absence at most shows, but it gets plenty of praise when it is played.

[encore]

12 Every Breaking Wave
    To open the encore, U2 opt for something softer and slower. An acoustic, piano-driven performance of Every Breaking Wave is just the ticket and while many prefer the electric version on the album, it’s hard to deny that this stripped back version of the song has real power.
    13 Cedarwood Road
    After the poignancy of Every Breaking Wave, the show closes with a reprise of Cedarwood Road. The final lines — ‘a heart that is broken is a hear that is open’ — often have everyone in the crowd singing at the top of their voice.
  12. The 360 Tour! U2 has a new stage, the Claw, and they are using it to tour for their newest album, October!

Opening Night in Barcelona
    1. (Breathe) Gloria
    2. (NLOTH) Is That All?
    3. (GOYB) With a Shout (Jerusalem)
    4. (Magnif) I Threw A Brick Through A Window
    The 360 Tour kicks off with four songs from their latest album!

5. (BD) Pride (In the Name of Love)
    This song is still a hit after all these years.

6. (ISHF) Staring at the Sun
    A hit from what some say is their greatest album, Pop. The crowd sings along the whole song.

7. (AOH) Some Days Are Better Than Others
    8. (IALW) Indian Summer Sky

9. (UC) Tomorrow
    Another new song, it's pretty good, but unfortunately, it will get dropped soon into the tour.

10. (TUF) When I Look at the World
    A die-hard favorite that has returned after missing U2 shows for years.

11. (COBL) Sunday Bloody Sunday
    12. (Vertigo) New Year’s Day
    Two hit songs from their previous album, War.

13. (IGCIIDGCT) Scarlet (Fish Out of Water Remix)
    Slow song from the latest album remixed into a dance tune.

14. (SBS) Vertigo
    15. (Pride) Beautiful Day
    16. (MLK) Peace on Earth
    17. (Walk On) Bad
    18. (WTSHNN) Gone
    19. One
    U2 end the main set with some hits and some political rambling during Peace on Earth. The crowd wears Martin Luther King Jr. masks during Bad.

Encore:
    20. Ultra Violet (Light My Way)
    21. (WOWY) If You Wear That Velvet Dress
    22. (MOS) October
    The show ends with a beautiful new song, October. It is approximately 7 mins long.

Final 360 Show in Moncton
    1. Even Better Than the Real Thing
    2. The Fly
    3. Mysterious Ways
    4. Until the End of the World
    This tour, which originally began to feature the October album, has become a greatest hits tour, beginning with four songs from Achtung Baby.

5. (IWF) California (There is No End to Love)
    A hit from their first album.

6. (GOYB) With a Shout (Jerusalem)
    One of the only October songs to remain played at every 360 show. The fans are sick of it and think that there are much better songs from October that should be played.

7. (ISHF) Staring at the Sun
    The crowd is still as enthusiastic as ever and sings their heart out to this classic.

8. (Stay) All I Want is You
    9. (BD) Pride (In the Name of Love)
    10. (Elevation) The Unforgettable Fire
    Some hits from some of their more recent albums.

11. (Pride) Beautiful Day
    This classic gets the crowd going every time.

12. (MS) Slow Dancing
    A song not from any album, Bono shows off his voice during this song. It segues into a song from Rattle and Hum.

13. (Zooropa) Hawkmoon 269
    U2 play this song from inside the Claw, which has amazing visuals. This song has only been played a couple of times on the Joshua Tree tour in 1997 and really takes the spotlight on 360.

14. (COBL) Sunday Bloody Sunday
    15. (Vertigo) New Year's Day
    16. (IKIGCIIDGCT) Scarlet (Fish Out of Water Remix) / Where the Streets Have No Name (snippet)
    The fans are sick of this one and are wondering why the band has played it at every show of this tour. Its only redeeming quality is the fact that a song from The Joshua Tree is snippeted in length during it. It is the end of the tour, and U2 still haven't played any songs from The Joshua Tree.

17. (SBS) Vertigo
    18. (Scarlet) Cedars of Lebanon
    19. (Walk On) Bad
    Political rambling during Cedars and Bad.

Encore:
    20. One
    21. (WTSHNN) Gone

Encore:
    22. (HMTMKMKM) Spanish Eyes
    While not playing any songs from TJT, this song is from that era.

23. (WOWY) If You Wear That Velvet Dress
    24. (MOS) October
    25. (OOC) The Miracle (of Joey Ramone)
    U2 throwback to the early days with their first single.

26. (40) Yahweh
    Tour debut of this wonderful closer from one of their early albums.