1. So what to say about this show?

During Wire a lighting rig on Adam's side comes loose. He notices and a 20-minute break is taken while technicians secure the rig.
    Two Hearts Beat As One was not on the printed setlist (u2gigs).
    Somehow the energy of the gig remained in that 20 minute break, or else revived greatly with the THBAO start of the second part.

There are two known recordings of this show. One very partial (6 songs) and of a rather poor quality too. The other source is much better,
    but unfortunately a transfer of the master tape has never surfaced.

What is left are two transfers of an "unknown analogue generation." One made by dema75 and another one done by Jeff Roy.
    To my ears the dema75 transfer runs too fast and it might be even a higher generation than the Jeff Roy tape. The transfer of the latter,
    however, is notorious for almost having no volume.

And as written in my notes, especially the right channel was virtually silent. So I boosted this right channel with +53dB, while the left "only"
    needed an additional +25 dB... And after the clean-up in iZotope (together with a "de-clap" and a slight noise treatment), I'm under the
    impression that this is actually an upgrade over the dema75 transfer.

With this remaster I hope to have lifted this show from mere historical to something quite enjoyable - if only on the headphones.

PS: It took me not 20 minutes, but more like 20 hours to fix this, but that's perfectly alright for my mild ASD after the ticket-stress of the
    upcoming North American e+i leg in 2018...
    (but I got my GA's!)

2. A new iem-matrix by Sharebear/Hoserama is up on u2start

Shared with kind permission - a no brainer 5 stars... just sayin'
    (even I LOVE this IEM-AUD matrix )

Which show? Let's say it's an early Christmas present, as it was considered to be released on the 25th...exactly 2 months after the day...

CHECK IT OUT

THANKS to Hoserama/Sharebear on behalf of the entire U2START crew

happy EARLY CHRISTMAS everyone
  3. Now let's hope it doesn't get bootlegged...
  4. Awesome!!! Thanks hoserama!
  5. thanks a lot
  6. Originally posted by BigGiRL:A new iem-matrix by Sharebear/Hoserama is up on u2start

Shared with kind permission - a no brainer 5 stars... just sayin'
    (even I LOVE this IEM-AUD matrix )

Which show? Let's say it's an early Christmas present, as it was considered to be released on the 25th...exactly 2 months after the day...

CHECK IT OUT

THANKS to Hoserama/Sharebear on behalf of the entire U2START crew

happy EARLY CHRISTMAS everyone
    I nearly fell off my chair! Thank you so much! So many wonderful memories from that day and now I can relive it aaaaaaa
  7. Rather thank Hoserama

I'm merely performing my u2start duties

I love this one too! Usually I miss the "live" feel in the iem-matrixes. Not so much for the Hoserama/sharebear mixes though, but this one is truly outstanding - not perfect, perhaps, but this particular mix of audience with the wireless feeds is really "on the mark" for my taste
  8. Not had the chance to download it all yet but listened to the sample and sounds like a must have, thank you Hoserama.
  9. Originally posted by BigGiRL:[..]
    Rather thank Hoserama

I'm merely performing my u2start duties

I love this one too! Usually I miss the "live" feel in the iem-matrixes. Not so much for the Hoserama/sharebear mixes though, but this one is truly outstanding - not perfect, perhaps, but this particular mix of audience with the wireless feeds is really "on the mark" for my taste
    Thank you Hoserama! hehehe
  10. For those enterprising mixer types, there is a second batch of files on U2T consisting of IEM only full mix, IEM only unmastered mix, and time aligned raw audience recording.
  11. Thanks all for this early Christmas gift.
  12. We might have another special recording coming up soon from me....