1. Today's update is 1985-05-27 Münster, Germany.

One (unknown) source with two transfers; one from a lossless source ("Unforgettable Fire Muenster"), and the other only known as mp3
    bootleg ("Live From Munster"), either taken from a different transfer, or mp3's made with a gain boost (or some kind of normalization
    function; e.g., to make mp3 sound louder than the source).
    Some may like the sound, but this is actually a good example of what has given mp3 such a bad name... It may sound louder and clearer than
    the lossless source, but one can hear the lossy-ness all over, together with an additional bunch of (tape) noise.

Anyway, some confusion has been on whether or not the last part actually belongs to this Münster '85 show (a remarkable good show, btw).
    This confusion was mainly caused by a glitch in October. But spectral analysis shows both the first and the last part coming from the same source (e.g. both parts have the same - electrical - hum). Also the intro speech of "40" is different than Adenau-Koblenz (Rock Am Ring), Stuttgart, or Basel.

Most likely the glitch was caused by a tape flip.

Last but not least, the mp3 sourced bootleg has a strange duplicate part in the intro of Bad @1:17 (Bono says: "we better stop, [...] or I get into
    terrible trouble from all these guys..."), with the first bit of the duplicate part running somewhat faster (i.e. has a higher pitch).

Both sources have a 3.5 rating. Our dear friend Patou2 rated the mp3 sourced bootleg at 3.5, and I respect that. And while I personally favor the lossless sourced files, I thought 4 stars was a bit too much because of the loud and up-close audience.

PS: 1985-05-26 Sturttgart, Germany has only one known source and transfer, and was already present in the u2start database (bootleg known as "Good And Bad" - three words, but actually a pretty deep philosophical title considering the fact that Bad was the absolute highlight of the show...)
  2. thanks a lot
  3. Continuing with evermore updates

Almost reaching the end of The Unforgettable Fire 1985 series, I've updated the 1985-06-29 Dublin, Croke Park show page / audio tab with a lossless flac version of the well known silver cd bootleg "My Hometown" (dubbed after the one time only U2 cover version of the Springsteen song). Also added the Nunomoreira1 "remaster" known as "Complete version" with an uncut Gloria and the 40 (presumeably) from this date.

Furthermore, as a sort of sideways update triggered by the recent talk of the 2005-10-04 Boston MA Verigo show, I've added the lossless flacs of the Dana Fletcher recording (my favorite from this date) and an mp3 version of the Harrington recording.

It's an awesome show - as most of the 3rd leg Vertigo shows were - and a real treat to listen to

I left a sample for the Massu2 recording only because the taper does not allow for an mp3 share - and being the least of the three,
    in my opinion - I didn't want to upload another GB to the server just for completeness...
    The recording is, however, still availlable at U2torrents...just sayin'

That's it...for now
  4. Some "loose ends" Unforgettable Fire and Conspiracy Of Hope updates today. You can probably access them from the fromt page of u2start (right side). I will address them more properly one of these days.

First I have to fix my ability to upload audio samples, because somehow I broke that option during the day
  5. OK...let's see if I can remember all the updates. Most of them are still part of the ongoing AchtungBootlegs transfer project, which should make our database not only richer, but also better informed. That is the idea.

So a lot of updates consist in adding info files and sometimes replacement of links and/or samples that will go unnoticed. And that's just fine.

This is from the last two days - and I'll save the best for last!

First two 'Under Australian Skies' dates:

1984-09-15 Melbourne 3 the 3.5 star PB master is added both in flac and mp3.
    1984-09-17 Melbourne 4 the first gen transfer of GB (3.5 star).

- Not many recordings of the 'Under Australian Skies' Tour are known to exist, but these two are highly enjoyable.

Then sort of finishing the Unforgettable Fire tour with updates of info files and

1985-07-06 Torhout, Belgium - The Mauxworld transfer of an UAG (unknown analogue generation). I think this is the best source available for this date (3 stars - maybe 3.5), too bad it is missing the last part of the show.
    The 1985-07-07 Werchter, Belgium show is much better served with an excellent 1st generation copy of the master (4 star).

A Conspiracy Of Hope doesn't have much dates, but there is a fine Mark P recording of the first ACOH show from San Francisco (1986-06-04) that was still missing at our database. Perhaps not as sweet as the 4 star LDB Special Series #90 (UAG), but, well the Mark P master is there now (please remind me that LDB source needs flac files as well!)
    Also from ACOH is the next date: 1986-06-06 The Forum at Inglewood CA - The 2gen that JEMS once dusted from one of their lower shelves in the archives. Although slightly distorted from hot levels and obvious tape noise, it was still a very pleasant surprise to find.

Then last but surely not least, two updates from the early Joshua Tree Tour - my favorite part of my favorite tour!

Slowly but surely progressing, the updates have arrived to the 5 night stand of the Los Angeles Sports Arena. The first show (April 17, 1987) saw a fantastic upgrade two moths ago with the Keith M master transferred by JEMS.
    The second night was covered by "Brother" KM and for long I had assumed that this was actually referring to Keith M (as a "brother" of JEMS), but it is not. Now I'm not sure if it is the actual brother of Keith M, or a friend of his.
    Anyway the recording of 1987-04-18 Los Angeles is potentially great, but somehow the known (JEMS) transfer is a bit thin-ish qua sound.
    But what had hitherto had been in our database was really embarrassing, so now, with the Brother KM recording this date is much more properly represented.

6. You know what: this latest update really deserves a post of it's own!

The newly & fresh JEMS transfer of Keith M's recording of the 3rd night at the LA Sports Arena 1987

1987-04-20 Los Angeles CA, Sports Arena (3rd night)

Mind you, this is the show that features Bob Dylan on two of his own songs! The excitement of the band knowing that Dylan will join them for the encore really brings out the best of U2. And they were already on fire!

Bob is clearly enjoying himself and this happy spirit is still ever so infectious today. How wonderful to have captured this so well!

This show is one of the best U2 shows ever. At least one of the best vintage shows and this recording is just a blessing for everyone who has U2 close to his or her heart.

7. [RollingStone pictures]
  8. great thanks a lot, i have now more than 300 u2 concerts audio recordings trhrough years, for me is a big satisfaction, it's only rock and roll but i like it yes i do.
  9. That's like a long, deep-as-I-can "whooooooo...."

Does this show (still) rank high amongst all the shows you attended?
  10. As from today we have a recording availlable for 2017-10-07 Bogota, Colombia

It is a compilation of various cellphone sources (or one main source patched with some others?). Much details are not known, but the quality is surprisingly good considering, and it is obvious that it was put together with a lot of care and dedication.

It is all low-res, despite the 320kb/s mp3's so don't expect the world from it. I rated it 3 stars and I have to admit that the historical significance of this recording also played a part in adding it to our database as such.

Credits go to user rodolfovox who submitted the recording
  11. I think you also updated the Vertigo Miami show of 14/11/2005.
    Especially love Beautiful Day with a powerful Sgt. Peppers snippet
    And Bad with the People Have The Power snippet.