1. But maybe those are a different (better ?) matrix!?
    Those are from Xavel Records ans not from Rattle Snake Records.
    The "2 Days In Rome 2017" from Xavel are great!
  2. Someone compared them?
    Is Xavel Records better than Rattle Snake Records?
    Is it exactly the same audio quality?
  3. Originally posted by IwillFOLLOW:[..]
    But maybe those are a different (better ?) matrix!?
    Those are from Xavel Records ans not from Rattle Snake Records.
    The "2 Days In Rome 2017" from Xavel are great!
    &

Originally posted by Ramone:Someone compared them?
    Is Xavel Records better than Rattle Snake Records?
    Is it exactly the same audio quality?
    Sorry I can't answer your questions. If someone wants to upload them, I'm sure one of the crew will be happy to add them.
  4. Then TODAY'S UPDATES:

Plenty of updates to fill the weekend

Let's start with an extensive update on 2001-07-09 - Stockholm, Sweden. Added are the Crystal Cat bootleg "Elevation Tour 2001 - First Night", the Vinesh Narayan master (lossless) and then there is also an IEM of this date

These "new" 360 bootlegs you might already have seen:

The Sentinel Records bootleg "Auf Schalke 2009" from 2009-08-03 Gelsenkirchen - the best I've heard from this date!

Then two Godfathers Records bootlegs: "Wide Awake In Dublin" 2009-07-27 - Dublin, Ireland

And thanks to NoLine2010 the 2009-07-12 Paris (2) bootleg "Sing Your Heart Out" - a bit heavy on the base, but still quite good!

Then, thanks to kickthedarkness, a painful hiatus from our database has been corrected by adding the famous Swingin' Pig "The Complete Boston '83 Tapes" bootleg. One of the best vintage bootlegs EVER...6 stars if I could

But the two biggest surprises I found on The trader's Den (TTD):
    A very nice upgrade for 1985-01-29 - Offenbach, Germany with the release of LDB Vintage Series #066. The 1st gen. source is definitely an upgrade, although the transfer runs a bit to slow (but this can be corrected...)

Lastly, right on the day that LosslessJoel personally went to see 55anMasen to obtain the master of the 2015-09-22 - Stockholm, Sweden - the final Stockholm i+e show of which I will make a new and proper "redux" master transfer somewhere next month- I discovered a second source of that remarkable night in Stockholm.
    It is in fact a cd-r bootleg release from the Russian Abisu Reködo label. It's not great, but as a second source it is surely nice to have!

Thanks to all contributers this week and a great weekend for all
  5. Originally posted by BigGiRL:[...] right on the day that LosslessJoel personally went to see 55anMasen to obtain the master of the 2015-09-22 - Stockholm, Sweden - the final Stockholm i+e show of which I will make a new and proper "redux" master transfer somewhere next month- I discovered a second source of that remarkable night in Stockholm.
    It is in fact a cd-r bootleg release from the Russian Abisu Reködo label. It's not great, but as a second source it is surely nice to have!

[...]
    I must correct myself here: quite remarkable, but the Abisu Reködo bootleg did actually use the (lossy) 55anMasen source for their bootleg

This time I listened more carefully and, for instance, between AOH and EBW you can hear the same whistles and chat. Right before EBW starts, a woman screams "I love you...!"

Remarkable...
  6. Thanks to user dylbagz the 2010-12-08 Brisbane 1 show does now feature an entry in the recording section

I have to be honest, this "unknown cellphone recording (mono)" is mainly for historical and/or archival purposes, but still it's great to have something up there

Also new to the database are lossless flacs of the 1987-05-13 East Rutherford 3 recording made by S.V. It's not the best vintage Joshua Tree recording (a bit screamy and somewhat "distant" recording), but probably the best available of that particular date.

From the 2001-07-10 Stockholm - Globen 2 show, I've added the Drew's Dub 3-Source IEM/AUD matrix (lossless only!)

Hope this will get you through the weekend nicely
    (Or give that U2 at the BBC another "spin" -- I know I will )
  7. That source is already in our database: https://u2start.com/shows/447/#!audio

U2
    Amsterdam, Paradiso
    1981, October 30

unknown equipment > 1st Gen/ master analog tape > 2 wav files > X-Wave MP3 Cutter Joiner 1.1 > FairStars Audio Converter > FLAC

Taper: unknown

01 Intro
    02 Gloria
    03 Another Time Another Place
    04 I Threw A Brick Through A Window
    05 An Cat Dubh
    06 Into The Heart
    07 Rejoice
    08 Cry/The Electric Co./ Send In The Clowns (snippet)
    09 I Fall Down
    10 October
    11 Stories For Boys
    12 I Will Follow
    13 Twilight
    14 Out Of Control (complete version)
    15 encore break
    16 Fire
    17 happy birthday to Larry Mullen Jnr.
    18 11 O'clock Tick Tock
    19 The Ocean
    20 The End (PA music)

Notes: This recording was given to me by A.V. and it was asked to be uploaded. This is an unreleased recording with
    31 years (amazing!), so here it is, this is for him and for every U2 fan to enjoy this early performance from U2 at
    the Paradiso.

recording provided by: A.V
    trackmarks/wav files converted to flac/uploaded by: nunomoreira1
  8. Yes... but only available in MP3 on u2start.
    The link is for flac...
  9. It's preferable to use the "Submit recording" button on the show page / audio tab: https://u2start.com/shows/submit-source/447/

But you have a point: this recording could be made availlable in flac as well. But so are so many others recordings... and well, we can only do so much... The flacs are also availlable on u2torrents by the way.

PS: I really love this recording, but it does not run at the correct speed (too slow). It could be fixed by taking the broadcast (original or "1989 Re-") as a reference.

10. This morning I found this 2017-07-09 London - Twickenham 2 "boot" on the Trader's Den (TTD). It's from the Estonian UMSound label. Basically it is a (lossy) remaster from the Empress Valley aud-iem matrix, but I tend to favour this sound a little over the EV "original."

Too bad it has lossy flac files (apparently no problem on TTD ), so I've uploaded mp3's only (320kb/s) to avoid confusion.

Anyway, samples are up for comparisment on the show page / audio tab, so the choice is totally yours
  11. Too bad they can't fix the misaligned IEM feeds!