1. Cheers!

I was still in the middle composing my remarks for this latest update, but you beat me to it

But, yes indeed...

UPDATE:

Next to the "Zootype project" capture of the 2009 re-broadcast of 1981-11-14 Boston MA - Orpheum Theater, I've added my remaster of this
    re-broadcast as well. Basically because there is quite some electric hum present in 2009 recording and I was able to take it out with the iZotope RX 05.
    A little dynamic EQ with the Ozone 7, some edits and a patch and, voilà, a new remaster was born

A sort of "10th Anniversary" remaster...enjoy

PS: This re-broadcast came with a severe radio compression leaving it very much "brickwalled."
    The original (non-brickwalled) broadcast (pre-fm?) was remastered long time ago by @Fradoca
    and is another great source for this early & high energy "October" show (see show page/audio tab)
  2. UPDATE (vintage audience recordings):

Today's update is the 1981-11-13 - Albany, New York - J.B. Scott's show.

The only recording from this date is a soundboard, but I've found four different "outings" of it.

Two of the four seem to run at a more or less correct speed:
    1) The rare, limited to 250 copies silver cd "Boys To Men", and
    2) the one that was in our database all this time with 128kb/s mp3's

The latter has not much info to go on, but it is different than the other three. Which are, apart from the "Boys To Men" silvers:

3) The silver cd bootleg "We Nearly Live Here", and
    4) fede's "rip" of what appears to be the same source as "We Nearly Live Here", but shared on U2torrents with 16/48KhZ flacs.

Outings "3" and "4" seem to run a bit too slow.

The soundboard itself is a bit hissy, suggesting it was taken from an analogue copy (possibly 2nd, or even 3rd generation). It's also a bit "off-balance" at times. Audience/crowd noise is a bit distant but still audible with a great "club" feel.

But apart from these critical notes, it is obviously a wonderful document of the first night of the American "October Tour".

PS: If anyone has more info on the "Boys To Men" limited edition silver cd's, please let me know.
    As you can see in the image below, the label info is hard to read. I think it says: "LACD Archives 009," but I could be mistaken.

PS2: the last two tracks (Touch and I Fall Down) are bonus tracks from the 1981-05-29 New York Palladium show.
  3. I love that the bootlegger chose to write I Fall Down and then (When) I Fall Down as the bonus track Much for consistency.

Thanks Joyce, I've downloaded the 11-14 show, always had a soft spot for it.

Geek note: as far as I can tell, this must be the only case in U2 bootleg history (apart from the '89 Point Depot shows) from which soundboard recordings from 2 consecutive tour shows exist.
  4. Paris 2015 might be the other ones
  5. And the show before J.B. Scott's, is the one from Berlin (Nov 4), which also has a "line" recording (from the TV broadcast)

PS: also a show page that needs updating...
  6. ...and Boston 1987-09-17 & 1987-09-18 also both have sbd recordings...

as well as East Rutherford 1987-05-15 & 1987-05-16 ...from the top of my head
  7. Ha, Berlin 10 days before wasn't in my head but it's definitely true. That makes it unique then, 3 soundboards in a row and from different cities!
  8. Originally posted by BigGiRL:[..]
    Cheers!

I was still in the middle composing my remarks for this latest update, but you beat me to it

But, yes indeed...

UPDATE:

Next to the "Zootype project" capture of the 2009 re-broadcast of 1981-11-14 Boston MA - Orpheum Theater, I've added my remaster of this
    re-broadcast as well. Basically because there is quite some electric hum present in 2009 recording and I was able to take it out with the iZotope RX 05.
    A little dynamic EQ with the Ozone 7, some edits and a patch and, voilà, a new remaster was born

A sort of "10th Anniversary" remaster...enjoy

PS: This re-broadcast came with a severe radio compression leaving it very much "brickwalled."
    The original (non-brickwalled) broadcast (pre-fm?) was remastered long time ago by @Fradoca
    and is another great source for this early & high energy "October" show (see show page/audio tab)
    EVERYONE GO DOWNLOAD THIS SHOW NOW. Pure energy. I almost (!) had forgotten how much I loved it. They've always had a connection with Boston and it shows here!

TEAR THE WALLS DOWN, BOSTON!! I - WILL - FOLLOOOOWWW!!!
  9. Coming from this:

So I spend most of the day updating the rest of the page (= show page / audio tab ). While it was quite easy to upload @hoserama's fine "Wireless matrix" from my own archive, it was another thing to find another iem-aud matrix on that audio tab.

The first one went by name "Bono IEM?", while the other was filed under the generic header "Audience Microphone," but with links marked as "Edge's earpiece"
    Both "bootlegs" are from the same source and have the same track index, only with slightly different timings. Perhaps explained by the fact that one has 44,1kHz mp3's, and the other one 48Khz mp3's. The main difference between the two is that the 44.1 version is louder and (somewhat saturated) than the 48Khz.

Anyway, I located the matrix on AchtungBootlegs as "Bono's earpiece," with at least the same track index (easy to distinguish because of the separate "Bono's Speech" before both "Kite" and "One"). But as one can easily tell from the samples, it is actually a matrix: so neither a "Bono earpiece," not an Edge earpiece.

The only explanation seems to be the audio from the DVD-R "2 Cam Mix (Eclipse & Marc)." AchtungBootlegs notes that there is an IEM involved:

Excellent son earpiece IEM de Bono, parfois quand la batterie est trop forte la guitare de Edge semble s'éloigner un peu, mais rien de grave.
    My French is a bit rusty, so I don't dare to translate, but "earpiece de Bono" is clear enough... (nevermind Edge's guitar )

There is, however, another DVD with an IEM-AUD matrix made by Olli: 2 Cam Mix With Audience Sound (made By Olli). But, according to AchtungBootlegs, he used the "Honey, I'm Home" audience recording made by Jason G. (available on the 2001-12-02 Miami showpage / audio tab). This is also confirmed by @one8ung on U2torrents:

I had two different DVD's in my collection of this excellent 2 cam mix.
    The first one is the well known DVD called "The Finale Show" and had IEM audio.
    The other DVD was remixed by Olli with the excellent audience recording "Honey, I'm Home".
    You can now find this IEM-AUD matrix as "Edge's earpiece" aka "Bono's Earpiece (= 2 Cam Mix)" (= 48000Hz with VBR mp3's), or as the (louder/too loud) "Bono IEM" aka "Bono's Earpiece (= 2 Cam Mix)." Indeed on the showpage / audio tab: https://u2start.com/shows/1293/#!audio

Personally I'm more of a "Honey, I'm Home" old-skool audience recording kinda of girl. An excellent audience recording, only a bit heavy on the clappers (but nothing the RX05 can't fix ). In fact I'm pretty sure I have that other audience recording as well on cd-r and I have already dug them up and ready to tip rip... (to be continued)

PS: if one of you has more info on this "2 Cam Mix" matrix (or "The Finale Show"), please let me know.
  10. UPDATE:

@vertigo93 asked me to upload the flacs of my 1982-07-04 - Rock Werchter '82 remaster - something I wanted to do for a long time, but then totally forgot about it

Anyway, when I checked the files today, I noticed this remaster from 2005 had mini-gaps between the various tracks. So I corrected that today and made the "re-edit" flacs available

PS: ...and while at it, I also added the "Pimm Jal De La Parra" recording of the original "KRO Rocktempel" broadcast (Dana's 2GEN source).