1. Originally posted by BigGiRL:UPDATE (vintage audience recordings):

Today seemed like a good day to share my remaster of the 1982-05-14 - Hattum, The Netherlands soundboard.

I do believe the source comes from a leaked soundboard, as the concert was recorded by the Dutch public broadcast
    organization Veronica (VOO) for "Countdown Cafe".

At the time only 7 songs were broadcasted on TV and somewhere in the 90-ies re-broadcasted by the VPRO (again,
    only 7 songs). The complete show circulated, however, as a pretty decent audience recording. And of course, most
    famously, certainly in The Netherlands, is the live version of I Will Follow that was taken from this show and released on 7".

Some have speculated that this may be from an original broadcast, but that would have left a typical FM-signature in the
    dynamic spectrum, and this not the case. Pimm Jal de la Parra in fact only mentions a TV broadcast (6 songs) and no
    radio broadcast (U2: A Concert Documentary).

What is also clear from this tape's hiss, hum, noise and drop-outs and/or cuts that this tape was copied a few times before
    the digital transfer was done. This too led me to believe that it is in fact more likely to hold that this is from a leaked board tape,
    rather than from a broadcast. I mean, if there had been a radio broadcast of the full show than it is strange that no other
    recordings have surfaced.

Anyway, this source that I remastered was transferred in 2012 by @Stadtfelder, but it ran at an incorrect speed.
    Something not only audible, but also measurable by comparing it to the 90-ies re-broadcast. Unfortunately not every
    track has the same speed variation, so I ended up treating every track individually, using some common sense to
    compensate for still existing variations in the audience source. Whenever possible, I matched directly against the
    "VPRO FM re-broadcast."

Additionally to the speed correction, the hum from the soundboard was removed with iZotope RX05 "De-hum" and
    while at it, I also let the De-click run to diminish louder claps. Some "Spectral Repair" to remove unwanted sounds.
    I did not put much effort in hiding the cuts that are still present. Finally I ran it through Ozone 7 for dynamic EQ-ing,
    limiting and noise treatment.

It was definitely not an "overnight" project. I worked on this off-and-on during 2018, only to make the final mix early 2019.

Don't expect a perfect sounding soundboard though...it is still pretty rough. More sounding like that vintage bootleg...
    But apart from a few cuts and hic-ups, it is more or less the complete Hattum 82...

Artwork under spoiler tag
    Spoiler (click to toggle)

Enjoy
    I'll always take a vintage soundboard, thanks Thank you very much for working on this overnightyear, this Hattem bootleg is a classic from the October Tour and it's great to have a full soundboard recording of it
  2. Hello,
    I am looking for concert POPMART TOUR Edmonton 97' in the FLAC version of Amazing Grace (remastered by Francesco Donadel).
    Anyone can have this recording?
  3. Yes. And pretty bad mp3's as well....

Not even sure if it is really the Francesco Donadel remaster...

Sorry I can't help you at the moment...but I'll add it to the list
  4. Originally posted by vertigo93:Hello,
    I am looking for concert POPMART TOUR Edmonton 97' in the FLAC version of Amazing Grace (remastered by Francesco Donadel).
    Anyone can have this recording?
    I've checked my personal collection and the recent U2Torrents' 225GB "freeleech" Popmart Tour torrent,
    but neither has the Francesco Donadel remaster....

So, yes, if anyone has the flac's to that remaster, please share them (or contact me by pm).

In the meantime I will update the show page / audio tab with that "Amazing Graze (fixed)" bootleg
  5. UPDATE on 1997-06-15 - Edmonton, Canada - Commonwealth Stadium (2nd night)

Originally posted by BigGiRL:I've checked my personal collection and the recent U2Torrents' 225GB "freeleech" Popmart Tour torrent,
    but neither has the Francesco Donadel remaster....
    [...]
    ...in fact, what was shared under the generic header "soundboard" is exactly the same as what was to be found
    under the "Francesco Donadel Remaster" entry. And even worse, only the first part (up until BTBS) is in stereo,
    while the remainder is in mono. Plus the big skip in ISHFWILF is still in place...

In contrast, the "Amazing Grace (fixed version)" not only has the skip removed, it also has the complete show in
    full stereo. As the info file claims to be a direct copy of the KOBRA silver cd "Amazing Grace", I can't see how
    Francesco Donadel remastered that same source and rendered the CD 2 part into mono (and leave the massive
    skip in ISHFWILF untouched). It just doesn't make sense.

The other entry (previously under the header "soundboard") has artwork to it's file that suggests it was taken
    from a VCD (video-cd).

So, in short, I highly doubt that what was to be found as the "Francesco Donadel Remaster" truly was that
    claimed remaster. And as it had exactly the same files as that assumed VCD-rip (previously filed under
    "soundboard"), I removed the files under the "Francesco Donadel Remaster" and renamed that other entry
    to "Popmart Tour Edmonton".

The good news is that the "Amazing Grace (fixed)" is now new to the database
    and available in both FLAC and MP3

It's a complete stereo soundboard with excellent sound...
  6. Originally posted by BigGiRL:UPDATE on 1997-06-15 - Edmonton, Canada - Commonwealth Stadium (2nd night)

[..]
    ...in fact, what was shared under the generic header "soundboard" is exactly the same as what was to be found
    under the "Francesco Donadel Remaster" entry. And even worse, only the first part (up until BTBS) is in stereo,
    while the remainder is in mono. Plus the big skip in ISHFWILF is still in place...

In contrast, the "Amazing Grace (fixed version)" not only has the skip removed, it also has the complete show in
    full stereo. As the info file claims to be a direct copy of the KOBRA silver cd "Amazing Grace", I can't see how
    Francesco Donadel remastered that same source and rendered the CD 2 part into mono (and leave the massive
    skip in ISHFWILF untouched). It just doesn't make sense.

The other entry (previously under the header "soundboard") has artwork to it's file that suggests it was taken
    from a VCD (video-cd).

So, in short, I highly doubt that what was to be found as the "Francesco Donadel Remaster" truly was that
    claimed remaster. And as it had exactly the same files as that assumed VCD-rip (previously filed under
    "soundboard"), I removed the files under the "Francesco Donadel Remaster" and renamed that other entry
    to "Popmart Tour Edmonton".

The good news is that the "Amazing Grace (fixed)" is now new to the database
    and available in both FLAC and MP3

It's a complete stereo soundboard with excellent sound...
    BigGiRL you are amazing. Thank you so much for this concert.
    Request only a glance at 19-Discothèque. Something strange is happening with this file.
  7. I see nothing wrong with that file (and it tests OK for decoding as well). Can you specify the problem?
  8. If you download the "2001-10-10 - South Bend, Indiana - Joyce Center" recording, the folder says 2010-10-10 instead of 2001-10-10.
  9. Originally posted by Jeffreyduce:If you download the "2001-10-10 - South Bend, Indiana - Joyce Center" recording, the folder says 2010-10-10 instead of 2001-10-10.
    Thanks for letting me know... well spotted

It's corrected now