1. Nice! I must confess that I never actually listen to this one. My 2 favorites from those early California shows are Anaheim 1 with that fantastic recording by Edgar, and L.A. 1...your awesome matrix

But this first show was so much fun and full of surprises. Both Electric Co. and An Cat Dubh/Into The Heart came so out of the blue...for us spoiler-free's... ...so great!
  2. Probably my favorite situation about taping. Trying to get it uploaded that next morning was so much fun. Recordings just weren't shared that fast back then, and I remember it crashing TTD.com, and all the people trying to help.

There is a great thread archived on interference that captures the whole thing as it went down.
  3. LOL...so that's what's reflected in the 'How To Bring Down The TTD' bootleg artwork title...

I did wonder...
  4. It's some claim to fame

But I can truly understand why it was big back then. I mean, a recording of opening night right the next morning...
    During the Elevation tour I was already happy if I could read the setlist the day after! And I guess with a lot of the Vertigo shows still as well...

At the time I was completely unaware of all the mayhem. We were staying at the luxurious Hotel del Coronado (aka "The Del") for the two San Diego shows. It was already impressive for my two world-wise American friends, let alone for this "country" girl from Holland. For one I had never been that far south (nor west!) in my entire life. I probably never even had seen a real palm tree before I came to San Diego...

And all this just after having been to a U2 opening night... Safe to say that I was pretty overwhelmed that March 29...

5. Originally posted by BigGiRL:UPDATE (vintage audience recordings):

[…]

2) An upgrade of the well known 1985-04-01 - New York, New York - Madison Square Garden recording has surfaced recently on dime.
    It is a fresh transfer of a 1stGEN copy of the master and came with a complete lineage.
    The recording had previously been attributed to Steve Vahey, but comparison with the new transfer learns that the sources are identical.
    The "Steve Vahey" was actually a DAT transfer that @Milesian received from Steve V. back in 2001 and, as such, digitally seeded and re-seeded.

This new transfer from @elegymart attributes the recording to "Stonecutter crew" and has much more clarity and far more definition of the right channel. It still has a pretty loud near-by screamer (as has the "Steve V"...obviously), but mostly in between songs. The concert is very energetic and it surely has that MSG magic. I surely recommend this one from the vintage department
    35 years ago today
  6. Dime A Dozen wasn't around yet. It was Easytree at the time, and I put it on ET around the time TTD crashed that day (Noonish?) ... Shortly after I put it on ET, (week?) they got shutdown. At the time many thought it was because of U2 or possibly a Nirvana show. I am not sure of the actual reason. It's there in the Interference thread. All 46 pages of it. It had over 12,000 downloads on ET before it was gone.
  7. Originally posted by Chrisedge:Dime A Dozen wasn't around yet. It was Easytree at the time, and I put it on ET around the time TTD crashed that day (Noonish?) ... Shortly after I put it on ET, (week?) they got shutdown. At the time many thought it was because of U2 or possibly a Nirvana show. I am not sure of the actual reason. It's there in the Interference thread. All 46 pages of it. It had over 12,000 downloads on ET before it was gone.
    I was pretty sure Dime was around since mid 2004 but I can be wrong of course.

12K downloads in a week is crazy numbers!
  8. Wow!
  9. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    I was pretty sure Dime was around since mid 2004 but I can be wrong of course.

12K downloads in a week is crazy numbers!
    Dime came right after Easytree. 100% for sure... Found this on some jazz board....

Although many of these recordings will be re-seeds of previous
    Dime torrents, a substantial number have never appeared on the Dime (and many others haven’t been shared since the Dime’s previous incarnation as “easytree.org” circa 2005).
  10. To celebrate the 14th anniversary of the first Vertigo 2005-04-05 Los Angeles show, I've added, with kind permission,
    mp3 files of @hoserama's "Wireless & Audience" matrix

This photograph was taken at the show by @rainbowgirl , who sat right next to me