1. Some updates from the ongoing u2start "AchtungBootlegs" migration project

Upgraded sources have been added for:
    1985-04-09 Pittsburgh
    1985-03-19 Minneapolis

And from the classic JT tour,
    for 1987-04-04 Tempe AZ (2) the bootleg "Governor Mecham & MLK" has been added;
    for 1987-04-05 Tucson AZ the various sources have been updated and sorted out.

I would particularly recommend to check out these Tucson AZ recordings. Because from the very early JT show's, this one is an absolute must. Not only because it still features Maggie's Farm, it also has a rare "in set" performance of Lucille, AND the set ends with "40"
    Furthermore, it already shows how strong and how soon the JT songs had developed an irresistible force when played live. From this day on there was just no stopping. Going back to these classic JT shows is no nostalgia - it's just enjoying fine Art and great craftsmanship
    NB: the Mark Anderson has the best sound, but the Joe Dupre recording is complete. There are 2 transfers made from the master tape, both slightly different sounding. I still prefer the 1st transfer, but the 2nd may be just as good.

And if this only makes you long for more, there is also freshly available an upgraded file with 320kb/s mp3s for that awesome
    1987-04-22 Los Angeles 5 bootleg U2 versus the US with its odd setlist mix-up (always love when they do that )

Last but not least, perhaps the most famous bootlegs of the JT 1st leg are from the Chicago 1987-04-29 Rosemont Horizon show.
    There are quite some silver cd's made over the years and I am tring to list them as smartly as possible in the coming days, since there are quite some duplicates with all different titles. Anyway, I personally prefer the transfer made straight from the tapes and I've added a new link for 320 kb/s mp3s (the old link was still on mediafire but now it is on the u2start mega.nz server. It's great. It's the best.

Well, that's all for now folks, but I'll be back to have some more great classic JT tour updates this summer I mean, what is a "30 years anniversary" without looking back at what exactly we are celebrating

2. And then, right in the middle of all that Joshua tree muscle, on the dime torrent site* appeared a material upgrade
    of the classic War bootleg of 1983-03-22 London, Hammersmith Palais

A fresh, speed corrected ("azimuth adjusted," for the connoisseurs ) transfer of the master tape (Malcolm Beaton's recording).
    Especially great news for U2start since it seemed like we skipped some of the previous "upgrades"
    Anyway, this transfer seems quite final

*And on u2torrents as well

PS: dimeadozen also has a very lovely JT Chicago 1 recording. It seems, however, an "exclusive to dime" for the time being,
    so you'll have to get it there yourself I'm afraid...
  3. A great Chicago 2 recording by ironchef is now available on the show page...

I think it is worth 4,5 stars...

CHECK.IT.OUT.

EDIT: after a more comprehensive listen, I've adjusted my rating to 4 stars
  4. As far as dry soundboard recordings go, what I do when I make CD's from them is add some reverb to them in a program called Goldwave. This gives them "life" and adds to the "being there" feel.
  5. Joyce! Can you please add this show to the bootleg section as you before mentioned that this was a good recording and it is a worth of 4 or 4.5 stars

http://mixlr.com/jessica-maria-2/showreel/

Thank you in advance
  6. Cell phone mixlr being 4 or 4.5 stars? Ya don't say...
  7. Hoserama! Have you taped also most from the rehearsals as Nuno?

Would love to hear Red Hill and Exit in IEM quality sometime
  8. Mr. Foo's recording of the Miami show now available.
  9. Originally posted by Jawis:[..]
    Hoserama! Have you taped also most from the rehearsals as Nuno?

Would love to hear Red Hill and Exit in IEM quality sometime
    Sounds like there is an IEM/AUD mix coming out of opening night from Vancouver on the Empress Valley label.

I do not release any recordings until the end of the tour, so don't hold your breathe for anything for the moment.