1. London 2 by Alysha now in our show pages.
  2. It's really sweet of you to think of me, but as I explained to you a month ago, my mixlr days are over.
    I would only consider the Bonarroo mixlr if nothing decent for that days turns up. But it will be for archival purposes only. No bootleg...I think

Will be back next week
  3. A third London 2 recording by ChrisF has been added to our show page.
  4. Thanks for the effort but why not recording with the internal microphones from the ZOOM H2 instead of the 30 Euro Eagle-G157B microphone?
  5. The Berlin show page has been updated with a 2 source audience matrix, as shared today on u2torrents by taper "z."
    Apparently this taper had two sources at his or her convenience (Shure MV88 - iPhone6s + Neumann KM 140 - Zoom H2N)
    and decided to, I quote, "blended both files into one" as to effectively share a 2-source audience matrix.

I'm not sure what to think of it. In the quiet parts it sounds nice and clear, while in the louder segments the sound becomes
    somewhat muddy and even distorted from time to time. I gave it a 3.5 star rating...

enjoy
  6. The Rome 1 recording by Mariobrus is now available on our show page: FLAC only, as the taper requested not to distribute mp3's of his recording.

Quality wise I think this recording is almost worth of a 4 star rating. Certainly in the top range of available audience recordings of the JT2017 tour.
    A very clear and nice sound, but just a little too much nearby clappers, singers and other enthusiastic Italian fans - they are the best, of course
    apart from the Dutch then - but for an excellent recording you want to hear them unisono (did I say that right?) . And, well, Italy has a long standing tradition of excellent audience recordings. I think (and I hope) some excellent JT2017 Rome recording will surface in time!

NB: Please do not post links with mp3's of this recording on u2start!
  7. The first recording* of Barcelona is up on the show page

According to the taper: "it's a good recording, but sometimes people sing and scream..."

* I think & guess that some more will follow
  8. Thanks to user ivanm85, a second recording of Rome 1 is now available at our show page / audio tab.
    Again "almost worth" a 4 star rating, if only the recording had been edited without so-called sbe's
    ("sector boundary errors," noticeable in skips and mini-gaps between songs - not all songs though!)
    and, perhaps, with some nicer - less rough - fades.

I did, however, enjoyed this recording very much on my iPod this morning as I was traveling up and
    down to Amsterdam. A very clear sound, almost devoid of stadium echoes, and with the whole band
    nice upfront in the mix. The audience unisono singing is much better in this recording, I think, than
    in the Mariobrus recording. Although also in this second recording - by M. Statello btw -, there are some
    near-by clappers now and then. And I did once hear the f-word in combination with "Irish" coming from
    someone in the audience (somewhere around TTYW ), but I guess it was all meant "in good spirits"
    - according to Bono, the Irish and Italian have some sort of "understanding" so I suppose it's not up to me
    to make further comments... Perhaps the bootleg can come with a "parental advisory" notice...?

Enjoy

PS: possibly an alternate edit from this recording (without sbe's) will be made available at some point.
  9. A 4,5 or 5-star recording from Seattle is now up on our show pages.
    Audience + IEM matrix from the Japanese folks. Purchased by generous fan(s) and offered here now for free! It's incredible quality and an amazing setlist (with Bad, I Will Follow, Eddie Vedder on Mothers etc.)

http://www.u2start.com/shows/1801/#!audio
  10. Originally posted by Remy:A 4,5 or 5-star recording from Seattle is now up on our show pages.
    Audience + IEM matrix from the Japanese folks. Purchased by generous fan(s) and offered here now for free! It's incredible quality and an amazing setlist (with Bad, I Will Follow, Eddie Vedder on Mothers etc.)

http://www.u2start.com/shows/1801/#!audio
    Thanks! whoever put this up !Band sounds AMAZING !!! Soundboard quality!!!!
  11. From the FAQ:
    5 stars: Near-Perfect Proper Recording; could be released as a proper live album (it may have already).
    4.5 stars: Good Proper Recording; recording sounds great, but doesn't properly represent event i.e. improper mix/incomplete soundboard (poor audience to band ratio/one sided to a certain performer).
    4 stars: Excellent Audience Recording; top-tier recording of the show from the crowd with all elements clear and audible, as it should be.
    --
    Certainly wouldn't call the Seattle mix 5 stars. Technically 4.5 stars. Altho lordy, do I think it's a poorly done mix (and think the star system as written should be revised).