1. Originally posted by hoserama:Nah I don't think it's necessarily inappropriate, I just find it strange that we'd be hosting duplicate audio with a slightly different package. And of course, the package doesn't matter so much when it's downloadable.
    Thanks. But at this point I'm not even sure if it is a 100% duplicate. It seems slightly louder (just a tat). Haven't measured it though.

Will place the MLK flacs this weekend BTW...noticed they're still missing
  2. A little ahead of schedule, but the flacs of the truly excellent Milan 2 audience recording of @MLK (with the "touch" of @hoserama) are available now too

Seriously, I'm not saying this to kiss anyone's behind, it's just a phenomenal audience recording. And it's not like MLK hasn't done his before: his 2015 Turin recordings are extremely good as well (here, and here)

(And just for the record, the Golden Eggs Milan 2 bootleg has indeed a tat more loudness than the original MLK).

Another update is the addition of @one8ung's 2018-10-24 - London, UK - O2 Arena (aka The O2) recording. Some tough competition there, as the ALD-AUD matrix bootleg "Someone Like Me" (again by Golden Eggs) is quite exceptional. The audience source, btw, is a remastered version of @LosslessJoel's recording.

...but @one8ung's recording is the only one available in 24-bit flacs (48kHz)...courtesy of @one8ung
  3. Originally posted by BigGiRL:A little ahead of schedule, but the flacs of the truly excellent Milan 2 audience recording of @MLK (with the "touch" of @hoserama) are available now too

Seriously, I'm not saying this to kiss anyone's behind, it's just a phenomenal audience recording. And it's not like MLK hasn't done his before: his 2015 Turin recordings are extremely good as well (here, and here)

(And just for the record, the Golden Eggs Milan 2 bootleg has indeed a tat more loudness than the original MLK).

Another update is the addition of @one8ung's 2018-10-24 - London, UK - O2 Arena (aka The O2) recording. Some tough competition there, as the ALD-AUD matrix bootleg "Someone Like Me" (again by Golden Eggs) is quite exceptional. The audience source, btw, is a remastered version of @LosslessJoel's recording.

...but @one8ung's recording is the only one available in 24-bit flacs (48kHz)...courtesy of @one8ung
    So the Golden Eggs people just normalized/amplified the -already excellent- recording? Or do you notice any other changes in sound?
  4. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    So the Golden Eggs people just normalized/amplified the -already excellent- recording? Or do you notice any other changes in sound?
    This recording is great. My fav show in Milan too
  5. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    The original MLK was already normalized. Golden Eggs boosted the loudness, and also did slight change in the EQ, which is indeed noticeable.

Below are loudness stats and EQ profile of both versions...spot the differences:

MILAN MLK

MILAN EGGS

Reference track is "The Blackout". The difference in EQ is very minimal (between 1k and 10k), but it is different.
    You can also see that while the EGGS true peak is at -0.2dB it has the LKFS (or LUFS) at -13,7. The original is less "loud" (-14.5) while true peak is -0.1dB (= perfectly normalization...what else!)
  6. Originally posted by BigGiRL:[..]
    The original MLK was already normalized. Golden Eggs boosted the loudness, and also did slight change in the EQ, which is indeed noticeable.

Below are loudness stats and EQ profile of both versions...spot the differences:

MILAN MLK
    [image]

MILAN EGGS
    [image]

Reference track is "The Blackout". The difference in EQ is very minimal (between 1k and 10k), but it is different.
    You can also see that while the EGGS true peak is at -0.2dB it has the LKFS (or LUFS) at -13,7. The original is less "loud" (-14.5) while true peak is -0.1dB (= perfectly normalization...what else!)
    Why mess with something that's already superb, I don't understand. Thanks for all the info
  7. Agreed with biggirl, looks like they boosted the mid-highs and crunched it a bit.I doubt it's much of an improvement, but it is a different sound.