1. Very good interview! I Will Follow live from Milan is a great performance.

2. Originally posted by BigGiRL:"Leuk" interview! I don't know exactly how "leuk" translates within this context, but it was a fun read (and for some reason in English "Fun read" - or fun interview - is not a sentence, where it actualy is in Dutch).

Love how you connect to various genres of music and also started making music yourself. Make sure you know the chords to All I Want Is You and Desire

See you around

Thank you kindly ma'am

Originally posted by LikeASong:Yeah! A Blink182 fan isn't the kind of guy you'd expect to be easily convertible into a U2 fan but it's always nice to read such stories

Haha I suppose this 'musical evolution' was a natural trajectory for me!

Originally posted by Bloodraven:[..]
    I just googled it, one of Blink's members (Tom DeLonge) is a big U2 fan in there.

---

...and I really want to ask Blink something about the whole artificial intelligence thing, but I'm not sure what... can you guys make another FOTM interview focusing on that single aspect leaving U2 aside? that was really really interesting

Yes indeed! His other band is heavily inspired by U2 (mostly copying Edge's riffs)
    Sure man, what do you wanna ask about AI

I guess IWF just hit that sweet spot for me, it was the song that made the transition from Blink to U2!

No Fiona Apple fans on the forum?

3. Thanks man!

Originally posted by PageU2:[..]
    First, to Blink, SUPER INTRESTING READ!

Second, I've read accounts of DeLonge's fandom of U2 starting with his discovery of The Joshua Tree in his childhood. After Blink-182's first break up in '05, he focused his inspirations on his then new band Angels & Airwaves and if you hear their first album, it's chock full of U2 influences, especially The Adventure. Which is, personally, my favorite song from them.

And it's so odd you mention being a Blink-182 fan, 'cause I've been in a Blink-182 kick this year and have re-listened to their music. They're another band I also got into the same time I discovered U2, plus their hits like All The Small Things, The Rock Show, Stay Together For The Kids and First Date are awesome, nostalgic songs of my teen years.

Wow talk about a coincidence! Do you still follow the band a bit? You know about Matt Skiba supposedly replacing Tom
  4. Originally posted by blink:[..]

Thanks man!

[..]

Wow talk about a coincidence! Do you still follow the band a bit? You know about Matt Skiba supposedly replacing Tom
    I've been following them pretty closely as of late. Matt Skiba is, indeed, now a part of Blink-182, even recording an album with Mark and Travis due later this year. I'm really not blaming either camp in this 2nd break up, nor am I preferring one's member's side projects over the other. When the album with Skiba does come out I'll listen to it on it's own merit, thought I'm really not that familiar with Anilike Trio or his solo stuff to be honest.
  5. Originally posted by Ross1441:FOTM time again. I always love reading these. Excellent interview; great hearing about all the different ways people get involved with U2. I think "I Will Follow" from Milan is definitely a new one!
    I love reading all of them except yours
  6. Originally posted by blink:[..]

Thank you kindly ma'am

[..]

Haha I suppose this 'musical evolution' was a natural trajectory for me!

[..]

Yes indeed! His other band is heavily inspired by U2 (mostly copying Edge's riffs)
    Sure man, what do you wanna ask about AI

I guess IWF just hit that sweet spot for me, it was the song that made the transition from Blink to U2!

No Fiona Apple fans on the forum?
    Wow dude, The Gift sounds totally like U2 (ASOH drums, Joshua guitar) with Blink's singer on vocals! Amazing song

I like Blink182 too, my favourite song is What's My Age Again (strong teen memories like many others I gues) but I know a lot of them, I've played a few with my past bands. They're fun to play and to sing. And fun to get into medleys due to their pretty basic tonal structure!

PS. Don't even recognise Fiona Apple from name. I somehow picture her like a mix of Shrek's girlfriend and Apple's logo
  7. Yeah, it's very hard. You took the crown for the most surprising answer to that question ever!
  8. Originally posted by LikeASong:
    My first U2 live experience was on the 360 Tour in Amsterdam in 2009. I remember I wasn't able to get any tickets, but luckily I could buy one from Remy!
    As in me? I don't recall that but glad I could help you out back then Bad memory! Hope you are set for this tour
  9. Originally posted by PageU2:[..]
    I've been following them pretty closely as of late. Matt Skiba is, indeed, now a part of Blink-182, even recording an album with Mark and Travis due later this year. I'm really not blaming either camp in this 2nd break up, nor am I preferring one's member's side projects over the other. When the album with Skiba does come out I'll listen to it on it's own merit, thought I'm really not that familiar with Anilike Trio or his solo stuff to be honest.

Yeah same, here. Also never really got into Alkanie Trio, so I guess we'll see!
    Though he already scored some points with me, watch at 3:33 (you might have seen this already):

Sounds familiar?

Btw, do you know this forum: http://blink-182online.com/forums/
    Awesome place! But beware, every little detail of the band gets discussed/scrutinized hehe. Kinda like here lol.
  10. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Wow dude, The Gift sounds totally like U2 (ASOH drums, Joshua guitar) with Blink's singer on vocals! Amazing song

I like Blink182 too, my favourite song is What's My Age Again (strong teen memories like many others I gues) but I know a lot of them, I've played a few with my past bands. They're fun to play and to sing. And fun to get into medleys due to their pretty basic tonal structure!

PS. Don't even recognise Fiona Apple from name. I somehow picture her like a mix of Shrek's girlfriend and Apple's logo
    I like that song too! They'd be a good opener for U2 I think.

Thats awesome that you like them too man! What's My Age Again is a great song indeed, never gets old for me . I still find the Untitled album their masterpiece. Such a great record

Ah Fiona Apple haha lol.

Totally discovered her by accident (like U2 hehe) btw. What a real artist man. Doesn't give a fuck about relevance or anything (not a dig at the B man!), writes when she wants to write, and gives EVERYTHING on the stage.

Nice quote at 0:11
  11. Originally posted by Remy:[..]
    As in me? I don't recall that but glad I could help you out back then Bad memory! Hope you are set for this tour
    Yep haha

Unfortunately, this year I didn't have much luck (again) . Starting to think U2 doesn't want me at their show lol.