1. Btw if anybody downloads these please tell me what you think about them
  2. Gonna listen in a few minutes!

Love the 'Novelty Act' art btw
  3. Thank, that's actually what they were going to use for Pop at one point so I was like "Hmm, that works for me"

I was considering messing with the color scheme, which I might do some other time
  4. --
  5. AM I right that the only legit Hong Kong demos were only approx 30-60 secs in length, and that anything floating out there longer (4-6mins each) called Novelty Act are purely fan edits?
  6. Originally posted by marik:AM I right that the only legit Hong Kong demos were only approx 30-60 secs in length, and that anything floating out there longer (4-6mins each) called Novelty Act are purely fan edits?
    This was a promo video made by Island Records, not sure if it can get any more "legit":

Richie Smyth: Early days on the Pop album Paul needed a piece to show the record company what was coming down the line. i shot the band recording and mixed it with B-Movie footage. Howie B came in as vibe master and Flood and Nellee gave me very early mixes to work with. The last footage from Cuba was shot by the late great Donal Gilligan.
    i shot on super 16mm and Super 8mm over 2 days.

Credits:
    Director: Richie Smyth
    Music: U2
    ℗ 1996 PolyGram & © 1996 Island Records

7. One of my favourite U2 clips.
  8. Same here.

The beggining (Bono dubbing the Orgy Of The Dead movie) was reutilised for the Pop EPK, at the very beggining of it, and then months later for the A Year In Pop documentary, right after the Miss Sarajevo part. I love it! Bono's smile after "Something's making that music" is so Macphisto-ish

9. Originally posted by marik:AM I right that the only legit Hong Kong demos were only approx 30-60 secs in length, and that anything floating out there longer (4-6mins each) called Novelty Act are purely fan edits?
    Yes. As far as I know (and I'd love to be wrong ) there's only that 6 min vid that's everywhere on YT. The mix I posted was the Mofo '96 bit partially integrated in the final version so everything above those 30-60 secs length bits is a fan-edit.

Oh, and the DYFL bit is just that Alien Fun Groove sample with Bono mumbling over it, so that's not even U2 really