1. I don't think there is a thread about this album

This album is the first U2 album I heard. I was 2 years old when it was released. My father bought the album and I loved it, I listened to it almost everyday for 4 years, along with the Boston DVD and the Slane DVD. Unfortunately I was too young to visit shows on the tour

It's my favorite U2 album. I like every song on it, including the B-sides.

This album makes me feel like I can fly
  2. The album that ended their 30s madness and started their 40s maturity.

Simple as that, with all the good and bad aspects that sentence carries.
  3. Originally posted by LikeASong:The album that ended their 30s madness and started their 40s maturity.

40's maturity? I know not what you speak of, sir!
  4. Originally posted by DutchU2Fan:I don't think there is a thread about this album

This album is the first U2 album I heard. I was 2 years old when it was released. My father bought the album and I loved it, I listened to it almost everyday for 4 years, along with the Boston DVD and the Slane DVD. Unfortunately I was too young to visit shows on the tour

It's my favorite U2 album. I like every song on it, including the B-sides.

This album makes me feel like I can fly
    wow, 2 years old, i was 28!
  5. Still a great record, U2 with their feet back on the ground again. Which was needed after the nineties madness.
  6. 30.
  7. Originally posted by LikeASong:The album that ended their 30s madness and started their 40s maturity.

Wow, nicely put! Makes sense to put it like that.

Never been a huge fan of the album, probably for 3 reasons:
    1. I love Pop and don't like the image of ATYCLB as getting U2 back on track (though I understand it).
    2. It has Stuck and Elevation...
    3. The second half of the album makes it feel like it completely runs out of steam. Recently I re-listened to the album and I was actually surprised at how much I found myself getting back into tracks 7-11, Wild Honey through Grace. I can truly say I find something to enjoy and appreciate about every one of those songs. The problem for me is, put them together in the sequence they're in and the effect is sorta bland, soft, and boring. Too many mid-tempo/ballads, not enough power from Adam and Larry. New York is the only real "rocker." Which gives me more reasons to love the irony of Pop - definitely more of a creative "rock" record than ATYCLB, imo.
  8. I was nearly 27
  9. I was 7, and it was my introduction to U2 as well. didn't actually buy the album for a good few years later, but hearing the singles on the radio made a huge impact on me for sure.
  10. I loved 90's madness and would love 2000's madness too They could have gone further after Pop. I was pretty disappointed when ATYCLB went out...