1. I got a email last Friday letting me know that I should be getting it this Friday, has anybody else that pre-ordered it get one too?
  2. Also got an email that it's shipped, will take some time to come to NL though.
  3. Anybody knowing why Amazon Germany offers a hard cover and a 10€ more expensive Paperback version? UK/US only lists a hardcover.

Are there two? What's the difference?

Edit: found something. On the picture there's only book and everything made of paperwork to take out.
    The "paperback" on amazon.de comes from "Edition Olms", is 39.95 instead of 29.95 and they list the following text:

"64 pp. with 150 colour and b/w illustrations and 20 removable facsimile items and DVD, hardcover book & slipcase"
    Probably the DVD makes the difference ?!
    I ordered this one now and will see what I'll get. Hard cover is listed with Sept 10, no particular date for the paperback version listed (just "September").

At least, this is a "German area" only it seems:
    ISBN10: 3-283-01235-0
    ISBN13: 978-3-283-01235-9
    € (D) 39,95/€ (A) 41,10/sFr. 48,70
  4. SONGS OF EXPERIENCE WORLD TOUR???????
  5. Originally posted by sparko:Anybody knowing why Amazon Germany offers a hard cover and a 10€ more expensive Paperback version? UK/US only lists a hardcover.

Are there two? What's the difference?

Edit: found something. On the picture there's only book and everything made of paperwork to take out.
    The "paperback" on amazon.de comes from "Edition Olms", is 39.95 instead of 29.95 and they list the following text:

"64 pp. with 150 colour and b/w illustrations and 20 removable facsimile items and DVD, hardcover book & slipcase"
    Probably the DVD makes the difference ?!
    I ordered this one now and will see what I'll get. Hard cover is listed with Sept 10, no particular date for the paperback version listed (just "September").

At least, this is a "German area" only it seems:
    ISBN10: 3-283-01235-0
    ISBN13: 978-3-283-01235-9
    € (D) 39,95/€ (A) 41,10/sFr. 48,70
    I saw something similar in Amazon.es when I preordered the book a few weeks back. A hardcover and a paperback edition, differently priced, but with little or no difference in contents Strange stuff. I ordered the hardcover one btw, which is already shipped according to an email (arrival by Sept 11th, I guess it will be a little earlier).
  6. In fact it's still there on Amazon.es.

http://www.amazon.es/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?__mk_es_ES=%C3%85M%C3%85%C5%BD%C3%95%C3%91&url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=u2+experience

This paperback thingy also comes from "Edition Olms" and has an English/Deutsch title (U2 Experience: The Ultimate Interactive U2 Box Set. Englische Originalausgabe/Original English edition) no detailed contents or description whatsoever, and goes on standard sale on Sept 1st. While the hard cover has a briefer, English-only title and features the following description:
    Spoiler (click to toggle)
    U2 the rock group rulebook. Over a career that now spans nearly four decades, the band have produced one hit album after another - while continually reinventing their sound - and created the template for the giant global stadium tour that all other bands now use. This is a band that measures its success in multiples of hundreds of millions. Thirteen studio albums to date have generated worldwide sales of 150 million records. No wonder Rolling Stone magazine once described them as "the biggest band in the world". And all this from a group whose line-up - Bono, The Edge, Adam Clayton and Larry Mullen, Jr - has remained unchanged since they formed in Dublin in 1976. From their roots in post-punk, the band have grown and incorporated all sorts of musical styles, from synth pop to gospel, but have always created socially and politically aware records that have hit a nerve with their fans. Along the way, the band performed at Live Aid in 1985, enjoyed critical acclaim for albums such as The Unforgettable Fire, The Joshua Tree and Achtung Baby!, and travelled the world several times over on the vast Zoo TV, PopMart and U2 360 tours. U2 Experience documents and archives all the band's mammoth achievements, and much, much more. Written by a leading music journalist Brian Boyd, U2 Experience is the ultimate interactive celebration of this incredible rock act and features 20 items of removable facsimile memorabilia, including posters, tickets, flyers and signed photographs. Published following the release of U2's thirteenth studio album, Songs of Innocence, this unique band tribute is as timely as it is irresistible.
  7. Mine shipped early too. Should be here later today
  8. THey added the Germany description from the website of Edition Olms, where I also copied the note from. This one also shows the only available prices for D/A/CH.
    So for amazon.es it probably is an import.

http://www.edition-olms.com/index.php?id=u2_experience it's described in German and English mixed up. The book is the same.
    Well, I ordered the mysterious paperback (which is surely the same hardcover, but Amazon needs to differ the versions somehow and there's not much choice in the book section I guess) and will see. I can still send it back and get the other one.
  9. This book is awesome for the memorabilia alone. I haven't read through it all but it seems like it will be a fun read. Not expecting anything new or revelatory but the layout is great, and like I said, the stuff that comes with it it fucking sweet
  10. I have mine! EEEK
  11. Someone needs to figure out the pop cube, it's giving me trouble. The book and posters are really cool though...and it says SoE has a 2015 release set