2015-10-05 - Barcelona
Tour: Innocence and Experience tour
Songs played: 27
Audio recordings: 3
  1. Originally posted by sparkyu2:[..]

Big girl, sorry to reply that late lol No i didn't kept the bass As Dallas said later on Dub, Penelope Cruz was there... But no worries at all, i had the best moment of my life getting there on stage. It's enough for me

well since you sent me a message asking for my video of your moment on stage and didn't read the pm for the last month or so since i sent it to you ...

i guess i'll be kind enough to put it all online for eveyone to see (i don't want this video to be used in any sort of multi-cam, thanks). his was before i upgraded to 4k so it is "only" full HD but not with a shitty little camera. (the raw file is still available for you in the pm i sent, but will be deleted in a few weeks so hurry up if you want it)
  2. This remains a spectacular video. The opening moments out of focus with the lazers, the crowd gasping at Bono going airborne then Bono just giving it stacks in the delivery. Excellent. The greatest song comeback ever.

3. Originally posted by germcevoy:This remains a spectacular video. The opening moments out of focus with the lazers, the crowd gasping at Bono going airborne then Bono just giving it stacks in the delivery. Excellent. The greatest song comeback ever.

[YouTube Video]
    what about Electric Co? for me a much better live song. Out Of Control, Running To Stand Still... The Fly in 2001, but that one was only absent for 1 tour, maybe too short to call it a comeback. But yeah, Ultraviolet is a good contender as well
  4. Originally posted by germcevoy:This remains a spectacular video. The opening moments out of focus with the lazers, the crowd gasping at Bono going airborne then Bono just giving it stacks in the delivery. Excellent. The greatest song comeback ever.

[YouTube Video]
    What is the relevance of Ultra Violet on the 360 tour to this thread?
    Regarding comebacks though I agree this is at least as good as any. An cat Dubh/into the heart is a strong contender too.
  5. Ultraviolet was my holy grail song. It could be argued that it wasn’t even the best comeback of the show with UF played earlier but it’s still an all time great of mine and one I figured was resigned to the history books after ZooTV.
  6. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    What is the relevance of Ultra Violet on the 360 tour to this thread?
    Regarding comebacks though I agree this is at least as good as any. An cat Dubh/into the heart is a strong contender too.
    Searching on mobile is. People will get it all the same.
  7. Originally posted by germcevoy:Ultraviolet was my holy grail song. It could be argued that it wasn’t even the best comeback of the show with UF played earlier but it’s still an all time great of mine and one I figured was resigned to the history books after ZooTV.
    The Unforgettable Fire is certainly one of my favourite U2 songs, but live it doesn't come close to the original. It was nice to see it coming back on 360, with some nice visuals, but I never considered it a real show highlight or something. To a lesser extent I feel like that about Ultraviolet as well. Electric Co for me is one of their best live songs. Whenever there was a new Vertigo recording surfacing, the first thing I checked was Electric Co. Who's gonna Ride Your Wild Horses on E&I was great as well.
  8. The vertigo tour was sort of the start of songs making a comeback wasn’t it. When you think about the tours before then there wasn’t too many songs appearing that hadn’t appeared the tour before except new songs. Mothers of the Disappeared got played on Popmart after a long time without being played I really can’t think of too many others. In gods country got its acoustic performances on Elevation and A sort of Homecoming was played. The fly as mentioned was played on the elevation tour having only missed one tour. From the vertigo tour there was songs coming back and being played more than a handful of times at least, still quite rare in some instances but there was the electric co, the ocean, an cat Dubh/into the heart, Gloria, who’s Gonna ride your wild horses, zoo station, running to stand still, one Tree Hill, miss Sarajevo which had only missed one tour but only been played once on popmart, and there was the first full performances of the first time. Actually I could add out of control and 11 o’clock tick tock to the elevation tour comebacks as well.
  9. I remember being very impressed with the 360 version of UV. During the zoo tv live versions, he just mumbles through the verses. So I was quite surprised when he switched to a higher register to belt out the “YOU BURY YOUR TREASURE...” verse. Powerhouse live version. JT17-19 versions were back to boring, though.
  10. Originally posted by germcevoy:This remains a spectacular video. The opening moments out of focus with the lazers, the crowd gasping at Bono going airborne then Bono just giving it stacks in the delivery. Excellent. The greatest song comeback ever.

[YouTube Video]
    Funny you bring this up because yesterday I was talking to some friends about how special was being there for the resurrection of 2 of my favorite songs ever... I couldn't believe how lucky we got (even if the element of surprise was long gone due to having been following the rehearsals during the previous fortnight). Really special even if the performances themselves weren't top notch. And Bono's bongolese during the "price of love" verse still bugs me big time

I also passed my Ultraviolet video on to my mates and realized how crap it is, but I love it all the same. Memories.