2015-10-05 - Barcelona
Tour: Innocence and Experience tour
Songs played: 27
Audio recordings: 3
  1. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Funny you bring this up because yesterday I was talking to some friends about how special was being there for the resurrection of 2 of my favorite songs ever... I couldn't believe how lucky we got (even if the element of surprise was long gone due to having been following the rehearsals during the previous fortnight). Really special even if the performances themselves weren't top notch. And Bono's bongolese during the "price of love" verse still bugs me big time

I also passed my Ultraviolet video on to my mates and realized how crap it is, but I love it all the same. Memories.

[YouTube Video]
    Such a similar vantage point to u2gigs. Bloody great memories. I obviously knew it was coming but was still in disbelief all the same. I remember just bursting with anticipation waiting for Edge to kick in with the main riff. Being there in person would be irrelevant to me given the regard I held this song in. It would have made the wait until Dublin unbearable.

Still a very underrated show on that tour. Yea, One was hilarious but human all the same. I don’t recall ever seeing minders day Bono as pumped up as he was. There was fire in his eyes and you could tell he was buzzing with adrenaline at being back on stage. The energy remains incredible to see all these years later but the show is often overlooked because of the quality of the Milan recording (and admittedly how much tighter the band were just a week later). Still one of my favourite recordings to go back to because the Edomedo source sounds EXACTLY like the show did from my spot in GA.