1. We do not know facts. An important one is the exact time things went wrong (someone got in with? A Phone call? Was there a incident on the floor, seats ?).
    A lawsuit wont't refund your trips. But it will help to get some facts out.
    I would like to find out at least if there was an arrest, and why?
    Band ok, fans ok, god bless ...... it could have been an nightmare
  2. Originally posted by ahn1991:[..]
    As for a group lawsuit, this is never going to happen. When you buy a ticket, you are automatically consenting to the possibility that your event might be cancelled or rescheduled. You can be refunded the price of your ticket, but definitely not travel costs.

I have bought tickets in the past for concerts that have been cancelled or rescheduled due to severe weather conditions, band member or artist accident, other unexpected events etc.

But a concert cancelled due to violation of the terms appeared on the ticket form the organizer security it was the first time.

I google translated the terms appeared in Swedish and in term 12 it is stated.

"12. Ticket holders may be expelled from the arena of representatives of the organizer or the venue reasonably
    believe that they pose a safety hazard to the public and / or impact on the audience's ability to experience
    Event and / or implementation of the event or can cause damage, nuisance or
    injury. Examples of such behavior include: to be (or appear to be) drunk, unable
    to take care of herself, drug or drug influence, underage (if the age limit), aggressive,
    intimidating, disruptive or to possess prohibited weapons or drugs, refuse to be searched at security
    entrance to the stadium or to violate the terms of the Arena."

Well done LiveNation and Globe Arena. Thank God you saved us.

In USA they would have already been sued just for letting GA tickets holders inside the venue and evacuating only the stands. But maybe they did this because they did not want to leave us outside to get cold.
  3. My take on this is that doors were shut as I was close to the entrance: 19.10-19.15. Then waited to 22.26 when the final announcement came. The doors were locked (yes locked) sometime around 21, and shortly after the arena was evacuated. If they couldn't guarantee our or U2:s safety, I think it was the right call to postpone the show. However, there are a lot of questions and my chronicle/column in Vasterbottens-Kuriren today adress those questions.

The article is translated through Google translate since I don't have time to do it properly. Here's the link to my column, but it is for paying subscribers only.
    http://www.vk.se/plus/1535075/vi-har-inte-fatt-sanningen-om-u2-dramat

So first in English, then in Swedish.

We have not been given the truth of the U2 incident

I was one of the thousands of spectators who were stranded in the autumn chill off Globe on Sunday.
    We came from near and far to see and be uplifted by U2, but received after the long wait, leave the field empty-handed and with an unpleasant feeling.
    In retrospect, it was of course entitled to cancel the concert. Audience and performer safety must never be compromised. However after leaving Sunday's debacle, many questions.
    To begin with: How is it possible that someone - off duty police or not - can get into the Globe with a firearm? Who controls its security? The cops from Pippi Longstocking?
    Then: If it was a cop, how could it then take so long for his colleagues to identify him? Ten minutes would have sufficed, but 210 icy minutes later the concert was cancelled - without any gunman found. It feels so absurd that I think so far we have only been served to muddy the waters, and that the truth about what really happened lingers.

The incident will lead to metal detectors and dredging. Such development gives a rigid framing, but is a must when the stakes are so high. But the central lesson of Sunday's the importance of accurate information. The message outwards from the speaker systems around the Globe, was that it was a "technical problem at the inlets" and that the concert would "proceed as planned". That message was repeated until at 22.30, when the final announcement to postpone the concert came. Personally, I had friends inside the arena immediately began reporting that the police were there and was looking for someone or something. I also received early, at 20 o'clock, told that it was not at all the issue of a "technical failure", but a security breach.

An hour later most had outside the Globe understood what it was about - social media has, obviously the effect - which created a strange atmosphere. Many were afraid. Understanding that vents closed grew. The previously mocked guards began getting well-deserved respect. But few could understand why the information that went out was false, which meant that the messages were met with boos and resignation.
    And of course that is dangerous if the situation would become acute.

But I still choose to round with the points of light, for such were also available. As the patient U2 audience, who did their best to keep their spirits up. When the situation was at its worst sued spectators in Sunday Bloody Sunday. Inside the Globe, while the police were looking, the fans sang the first I still have not found what I'm looking for, and since the One, the latter together with members of the Guard Force.
    Fine moments, in the midst of all this misery.

På svenska:

Vi har inte fått sanningen om U2-dramat

Jag var en av de tusentals åskådare som blev strandade i höstkylan utanför Globen i söndags.
    Vi kom från när och fjärran för att se och bli upplyfta av U2, men fick efter lång väntan lämna området tomhänta och med en obehaglig känsla.
    Med facit i hand var det givetvis rätt att ställa in konserten. Publikens och artistens säkerhet får aldrig äventyras. Däremot efterlämnar söndagens debacle många frågor.
    Till att börja med: Hur är det möjligt att någon – ledig polis eller inte – kan ta sig in i Globen med ett skjutvapen? Vem styr upp den säkerheten? Kling och Klang?
    Sedan: Om det nu var en polis, hur kunde det då ta så lång tid för kollegorna att identifiera honom? Tio minuter borde ha räckt, men först 210 iskalla minuter senare blåstes konserten av – utan att någon pistolman hittats. Det känns så orimligt att jag tror att vi hittills bara har serverats dimridåer och att sanningen om vad som egentligen hände dröjer.

Incidenten lär leda till att vi får samma typ av säkerhetskontroller som i USA, det vill säga metalldetektorer och muddring på flygplatsvis. En sådan utveckling ger en stel inramning, men är ett måste när insatserna är så höga. Men den centrala lärdomen från söndagen är vikten av korrekt information. Budskapet utåt, från högtalarsystemen runt Globen, var att det handlade om ett ”tekniskt problem vid insläppen” och att konserten skulle ”genomföras som planerat”. Det budskapet upprepades ända fram till klockan 22.30, då det slutliga beskedet om att skjuta upp konserten kom. Själv hade jag vänner inne i arenan som omedelbart började rapportera om att poliser var där och letade efter någon eller något. Jag fick också tidigt, redan vid 20-tiden, höra att det inte alls var frågan om ett ”tekniskt fel”, utan en säkerhetsöverträdelse.

En timme senare hade de flesta utanför Globen förstått vad det handlade om – sociala medier har som bekant den effekten – vilket skapade en märklig stämning. Många var rädda. Förståelsen för att insläppen stängts växte. De tidigare bespottade vakterna började få välförtjänt respekt. Men få kunde förstå varför informationen som gick ut var falsk, vilket gjorde att budskapen möttes med burop och uppgivenhet.
    Och det är givetvis farligt om läget skulle bli akut.

Men jag väljer ändå att avrunda med ljuspunkterna, för sådana fanns också. Som den tålmodiga U2-publiken, som gjorde sitt bästa för att hålla humöret uppe. När läget var som värst stämde åskådarna upp i Sunday bloody Sunday. Inne i Globen, medan polisen letade, sjöng fansen först I still haven’t found what I’m looking for och sedan One, den sistnämnda tillsammans med delar ur vaktstyrkan.
    Fina ögonblick, mitt i allt elände.
  4. OK, so now we have:
    19.15 - Globen doors shut to enter
    22.26 - Announcement of cancellation

Any more specific times in between we can add?
    - At what time were the people from the seats told to go outside?
    - At what time(s) did the people outside get announcements?
    - At what time was the 1st time GA was told to leave the floor and enter the seats?
    - At what time was the 2nd time GA was told to leave the floor and enter the seats?
    - What time did the light crew come down from their rigs?
    - At what time did the band leave the venue?
  5. 19.15 Globe shut to enter. This helps. And indeed Magnolia there are questions and few answers.
  6. Checked my phone. I have times, since I sent messages to my wife as things happened:

- Police enters arena at 20.15
    - First announcement took time. We only got brief information from security people outside, until first official statement via speaker system. That statement came around 20.15.
    - Guards locks doors at 20.36 and pulls down curtains so that we can't see inside.
    - Seated people evacuated at 20.44.
    - GA evacuated at 21.04.
    - The band was back at the hotel by 22.
  7. OK. Now we have to gather inside information.
  8. Olov: some questions, because I want to focus on the facts.

1) The first accouncement at 20:15. What was announced then?
    2) Did you see already police at 20:15 or later when the seats were ordered outside?
    3) Further you say GA evacuated, but you probably mean the 1st time we were ordered to move to the seats. That actually happened twice.
    4) And lasty: I believe the band being back in the hotel at 22 is an unconfirmed rumour I believe.
  9. 1) First announcement via speaker system. Could have been a tad earlier, but this was first time we officially heard about "technical issues" and "concert will be held"
    2) Did see police moving in. Police cars outside entrance 2 and 9. I'm guessing this was reinforcement
    3) Was not on the inside, but reported this to my wife. Probably first time GA was moved, yes
    4) That was reported in Expressen
  10. Accrording to my mobile photo log

18:36:06 - I photo myself and my wife in front of Annexet 3 and 4.

18:44:18 - I photo myself and my wife in the arena before ordering a beer. The scene is behind us.

19:38:03 - The light crew go up

19:46:21 - We go outside for a quick smoke and we realize that the outside doors (annexet) are closed and there are big queues already formed. I take some photos and after completing our smoke I ask the gate keepers inside with the blue shirts why they do not let people get inside. They answer me that there is a technical problem with their ticketing. So I suppose that the gates were closed well before that time.

19:52 – I am back at the GA standing floor.

20:05 A couple from Norway just taking their seats at the first row of VIP tickets asks us where are we from and how much we paid for our GA tickets.

20:10 I see one policeman and one policewoman looking at the stands behind us (where the VIP were sitting) and I ask the guy from Norway whether it is usual for policemen to enter in concerts. He answers me that it is not usual in Norway. His wife tell us that she read on twitter that the show will start at 8:40 because there was a problem with ticketing. Thus we decide to go outside for toilette and a quick smoke afterwards.

20:15 I am at the toilet when an announcement in Swedish is made. I go outside and I see people at the corridor to exit the Arena. I ask a girl in blue t-shirt what is happening and she tells me that we have to go outside and renter because there is a problem with ticketing. My wife asks her when the last tube to the center leaves and tell us that there is no problem and the show will start in an hour. We go to the doors leading to the stands and we realize that there are people at the standing floor. We decide to go downstairs and a girl I blue shirt look at our wristbands and allow us to enter. It was around 20:30 that the light crew came down.

Then the 1st call from the guy on stage to abandon the arena and go to stands happens. There are a lot of complaints from people that had stand for hours near the stage. I am not exactly sure about the time but it had to be around 20:50.

But I am sure (because I have the photo stored in my phone) about the 2nd call to abandon the arena to go to stands through a specific opening. It was 21:32.

At 22:19 I take my last photo from the stands and I decide to open my roaming 4G data in order to see at Internet details about the Greek National election results. I decide to enter U2start twitter and at around 22:25 I see a tweet made 2 minutes ago that the show is officially cancelled. I turn to my wife and I say the assholes cancelled the show. Two minutes later the fellow with the orange shirt that was giving orders as a shepherd to the sheep gets on stage to say his poem about how sorry he was and the due to a security breach they had to move the show to 22nd of September.
  11. Originally posted by ahn1991:[..]
    If somebody refused to have their bag searched, I would 100% assume they are carrying a gun or a bomb, especially if you are entering an enclosed venue with thousands of people.

Sadly, in this day and age, if you refuse to have your bag searched one must assume you are hiding something that you shouldn't have. It sucks, but it's the times we live in.