1. Originally posted by ahn1991:[..]
    What you are asking for is pretty much impossible. Complete evacuation could take several hours, especially if they wanted to sweep the venue to ensure complete evacuation. Thorough screening would take an additional several hours and can only take place after the venue is confirmed to be empty. If they wanted to actually be thorough, they would need at the very least metal detectors, security officers trained to do proper pat-downs (your average rent-a-cop isn't trained to do that) and sniffer dogs. Before you say that this is overkill, anything short of this might as well be the equivalent of kicking everyone out and letting them all back in without doing checking a single person.

As for a group lawsuit, this is never going to happen. When you buy a ticket, you are automatically consenting to the possibility that your event might be cancelled or rescheduled. You can be refunded the price of your ticket, but definitely not travel costs.

The real lawsuit would come when something did happen because they didn't cancel the show and someone got injured or killed because they didn't take proper precautions.
  2. Originally posted by adynaton:[..]

I have bought tickets in the past for concerts that have been cancelled or rescheduled due to severe weather conditions, band member or artist accident, other unexpected events etc.

But a concert cancelled due to violation of the terms appeared on the ticket form the organizer security it was the first time.

I google translated the terms appeared in Swedish and in term 12 it is stated.

"12. Ticket holders may be expelled from the arena of representatives of the organizer or the venue reasonably
    believe that they pose a safety hazard to the public and / or impact on the audience's ability to experience
    Event and / or implementation of the event or can cause damage, nuisance or
    injury. Examples of such behavior include: to be (or appear to be) drunk, unable
    to take care of herself, drug or drug influence, underage (if the age limit), aggressive,
    intimidating, disruptive or to possess prohibited weapons or drugs, refuse to be searched at security
    entrance to the stadium or to violate the terms of the Arena."

Well done LiveNation and Globe Arena. Thank God you saved us.

In USA they would have already been sued just for letting GA tickets holders inside the venue and evacuating only the stands. But maybe they did this because they did not want to leave us outside to get cold.

n USA they would have already been sued just for letting GA tickets holders inside the venue and evacuating only the stands. But maybe they did this because they did not want to leave us outside to get cold.[/quote]

Huh????????
  3. Originally posted by adynaton:[..]

I have bought tickets in the past for concerts that have been cancelled or rescheduled due to severe weather conditions, band member or artist accident, other unexpected events etc.

But a concert cancelled due to violation of the terms appeared on the ticket form the organizer security it was the first time.

I google translated the terms appeared in Swedish and in term 12 it is stated.

"12. Ticket holders may be expelled from the arena of representatives of the organizer or the venue reasonably
    believe that they pose a safety hazard to the public and / or impact on the audience's ability to experience
    Event and / or implementation of the event or can cause damage, nuisance or
    injury. Examples of such behavior include: to be (or appear to be) drunk, unable
    to take care of herself, drug or drug influence, underage (if the age limit), aggressive,
    intimidating, disruptive or to possess prohibited weapons or drugs, refuse to be searched at security
    entrance to the stadium or to violate the terms of the Arena."

Well done LiveNation and Globe Arena. Thank God you saved us.

In USA they would have already been sued just for letting GA tickets holders inside the venue and evacuating only the stands. But maybe they did this because they did not want to leave us outside to get cold.

n USA they would have already been sued just for letting GA tickets holders inside the venue and evacuating only the stands. But maybe they did this because they did not want to leave us outside to get cold.[/quote]

Huh????????
  4. The comment is sarcastic for the organizers.
  5. Originally posted by blueeyedboy:[..]

The real lawsuit would come when something did happen because they didn't cancel the show and someone got injured or killed because they didn't take proper precautions.

But they didn't take proper precautions. According to Swedish newspapers and police statement they let a man carrying a gun to get inside because he claimed that he was a policeman.
  6. Forgive me for speaking a bit bluntly here, but this may not be a topic worth pursuing in the manner it's currently being pursued.

While I do understand that many people (including our own users) were cheated out of a show for one reason or another, the key point that should be observed here is that you still have your life and safety.

Nothing might have happened that night - they might have cancelled a show for no reason. Thousands of fans may now never have another chance to see U2. Maybe they would have played the show and everything would have been fine - and sure, that's annoying.

But someone also could have ruined a lot of lives that night. Not just ones he could have taken himself, but the lives of everybody close with each and every one of those people. God forbid, someone from this community could have had their entire life change that night.

I understand that it was irritating, very costly to some, and is still mysterious to a certain degree - but I respectfully suggest that we put the pitchforks away please, and decide as a community to quietly respect the fact that the thousands of fans who intended to see U2 last week are safe. This is a bit of a "wild goose chase" topic that evades the severity of the situation, whether it means to or not.

Cheers,
    MG
  7. Hi Matt,
    I strongly agree with most everyting that you say. I started this topic and I would like to keep it factual with a timeline based on the fact and only verified media releases.

I do not advocate any speculation or pondering on legal steps and would advise no one to. I am glad a possible danger might have been prevented and respect all who were in a position to make the call that night.

But I do feel the need to get more insight myself in what happened at the Globen arena because there are still quite some questions and I would like to be able to understand the events to give them a place.

So agreed: let's keep this topic for facts only to derive an verified timeline and only gather official statements from verified sources, and stop with speculation and blaming.
  8. Agreed.
  9. The surveillance cameras was turned off.

Police had the hope that the armed gun armed man who was let in by guards before the U2 concert at the Globe were stuck on the image of a surveillance camera.

Forget it - the cameras were not turned on.

- We only have permission to use them in certain types of events and collections, says Daniel Stålbo, communications director at the Stockholm Globe Arenas.

Which not includes concerts.

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=sv&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=sv&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.expressen.se%2Fnoje%2Ffinns-inga-bilder-pa-pistolmannen-i-globen%2F&edit-text=&act=url
  10. I just thought about something worthwhile. It would be nice if at least the few persons next to the guy with the gun would speak out about what they say. They must have witnessed the scene and should be able to speak out.
    Some more (factual) Questions for my Swedish friends:
    - Is it known at which entrance this was happening?
    - Are there reports of people that queued with the 'gunman'?
    - Did the security guy himself speak out already?
    - At what time the person was let in based on what we know?
    - At what time the security supervisor decided to escalate and search for the gun?
  11. You guys could work out who killed JFK.