Joshua Tree Tour 2017
Legs (3): Leg 1 - North America, Leg 2 - Europe, Leg 3 - The Americas
Shows: 54
  1. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    Yeah I'd almost forgot about that it's been so long, my hopefull theory is they're keeping us waiting because it's something really good.
    That could be a comparison indeed, but it really takes long. It's more like 'o wait, it's January again and we received thousands times 40 dollars', what to do what to do..

I am expecting some release related to this years tour but I hope for something different!
  2. Originally posted by deanallison:Just got an email from u2.com, extra questions from the Facebook q&a session and Bono has pretty much confirmed if it wasn't already the Joshua tree will be getting played in sequence. He talked about 'singing it in sequence a couple of weeks ago for the first time'so must be rehearsing it that way.
    www.u2.com/news/title/i-smelt-betty-daltons-perfume?utm_source=Publicaster

At the end of the video bono also stated that for everywhere they aren't visiting on the Joshua tree tour, they're trying to get there for SoE.. take it as you will but I interpreted that as being no JT shows in South America contrary to those twitter 'rumours'
  3. A little of topic.... I might be seeing the TJTT in Amsterdam, but I am reading the sound is really really bad at the stadium. For all the Amsterdam veterans out there just how bad are we talking? I am hoping to be closish to the front, in the GA section.
  4. Originally posted by hello123:A little of topic.... I might be seeing the TJTT in Amsterdam, but I am reading the sound is really really bad at the stadium. For all the Amsterdam veterans out there just how bad are we talking? I am hoping to be closish to the front, in the GA section.
    I think you'll be fine if you're up front, centered GA. The sound at the ArenA gets really bad in the lateral seats and worse as you get further the stage.
    (someone correct me if this is not the case)
  5. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    I think you'll be fine if you're up front, centered GA. The sound at the ArenA gets really bad in the lateral seats and worse as you get further the stage.
    Sweet. Good to know.
  6. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    It's usually crap everywhere but the closer you are to the speaker the less echo you have and the better it should be.
  7. Originally posted by Remy:[..]
    It's usually crap everywhere but the closer you are to the speaker the less echo you have and the better it should be.
    With the 360 tour we had the cheapest tickets, second ring at the back of the stage, but I think we had the best sound. The PA was right in front of us, so no echo's whatsoever.
  8. In 2005 and 2009 I had tickets on the first row of the grandstand, sound was good. And based on stories I have heard, sound of Coldplay last year was also good.
  9. Who's going to sing "El Pueblo Vencera"?

10. For me, they're two different beasts, so I personally find it's kind of like comparing an Apple to a Potato for example, I've always loved both (generally not simultaneously!), but which I prefer depends on the mood I'm in etc. To put it another way, they're like two pet labradors and I couldn't possibly decide which I love more!

But then I've never been good at all that rating one thing over another, or top 10 lists etc..

However, I will say that for me that both TJT and AB are U2's absolute masterpieces, they tower over everything else, and many of the other albums are towering skyscrapers imho too - I think I'm one of the few these days that loves every single U2 album in its own right - but I don't think anything they ever do will quite top either of those two records.