Joshua Tree Tour 2017
Legs (3): Leg 1 - North America, Leg 2 - Europe, Leg 3 - The Americas
Shows: 54
  1. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    I think you'll be fine if you're up front, centered GA. The sound at the ArenA gets really bad in the lateral seats and worse as you get further the stage.
    (someone correct me if this is not the case)
    If you have GA, you'll be able to move freely about the floor and find the perfect sweet spot for sound and visual...
  2. Originally posted by Caledonia:[..]

For me, they're two different beasts, so I personally find it's kind of like comparing an Apple to a Potato for example, I've always loved both (generally not simultaneously!), but which I prefer depends on the mood I'm in etc. To put it another way, they're like two pet labradors and I couldn't possibly decide which I love more!

But then I've never been good at all that rating one thing over another, or top 10 lists etc..

However, I will say that for me that both TJT and AB are U2's absolute masterpieces, they tower over everything else, and many of the other albums are towering skyscrapers imho too - I think I'm one of the few these days that loves every single U2 album in its own right - but I don't think anything they ever do will quite top either of those two records.
    I agree with you on that. All of U2's records are great - but TJT and AB are the two greatest. However, greatness doesn't always equal favourite for me, and a I think for most people - as someone around here on the forum has said, there's filet mignon and hamburger, the great stuff you don't have as much and good stuff you have a lot more. So while I wouldn't rank The Joshua Tree as one of my very favourite U2 albums (mainly because I have less emotional connection to it than I do many others), I can appreciate that in the grand scheme of things TJT is one of their two 'best' and most important albums.
  3. Originally posted by CMIPalaeo:[..]
    I agree with you on that. All of U2's records are great - but TJT and AB are the two greatest. However, greatness doesn't always equal favourite for me, and a I think for most people - as someone around here on the forum has said, there's filet mignon and hamburger, the great stuff you don't have as much and good stuff you have a lot more. So while I wouldn't rank The Joshua Tree as one of my very favourite U2 albums (mainly because I have less emotional connection to it than I do many others), I can appreciate that in the grand scheme of things TJT is one of their two 'best' and most important albums.
    Yeah, this is kind of "to each his own", non-debatable kind of thing. I also love every album in it's own right, but for me, Boy and October will always be my go to records, if I absolutely had to choose. But it's a personal thing for me. I was coming of age when those records came out and they were most definitely the soundtrack of my life at the time. Each and every song defined a part of where I was then. Becoming a teen: growing pains, internal conflicts, shadows and tall trees and all that jive. Are they U2's best? Not by a longshot... But if I had to choose, I couldn't live without them.
  4. i haven't understood which one Joshua is, apple or potato?
  5. The Yosh-you-a potato
  6. I emailed ticketmaster about the lack of U2 Amsterdam collectortickets in my purse.
    they only get send out 3 days in front of the gig
  7. I emailed ticketmaster about the lack of U2 Amsterdam collectortickets in my purse.
    they only get send out 3 days in front of the gig
  8. Originally posted by Remy:[..]
    It's usually crap everywhere but the closer you are to the speaker the less echo you have and the better it should be.

Up front in 2009 was absolutely great. No echo, great sound, fantastic shows...

9. Getting ready....