Joshua Tree Tour 2017
Legs (3): Leg 1 - North America, Leg 2 - Europe, Leg 3 - The Americas
Shows: 54
  1. Originally posted by micfisto:Any advice for someone needing more than four tickets? I guess I'll go for four in the presale and two at general sale (taking the kids for a dose of culture and real music). Thanks in advance for any ideas / experience.

A little late to update, but we ended up getting the extra seats we needed for Miami about six rows behind our presale seats! Couldn't be happier.
  2. Originally posted by micfisto:[..]

A little late to update, but we ended up getting the extra seats we needed for Miami about six rows behind our presale seats! Couldn't be happier.
    Great! Have fun in Miami!

3. Originally posted by micfisto:[..]

I'll be in Miami, too! If you happen to come across 2 extra GA's reasonable, please msg me!

4. This is true...and it simply can't be done.

I don't take issue with bands lasting "too long" or continuing to tour on their hits. But Zoo TV was a show in and of itself, like a Broadway play. They could not match on it. I love earnest U2 in the sepia tones with the scowls and the political speeches, but I can admit Zoo TV was the first and maybe only time U2 were "cool". I watched a youtube thingy on Zoo TV and was transported 23 years to that moment in Sun Devil Stadium, after being bummed out that Public Enemy couldn't play because we were still f**king around with the MLK Holiday (Chuck D gave a nice speech and they did By the Time I Get to Arizona, noting we, in the stadium, weren't the enemies), and being more bummed by a longer Sugarcubes set, when the TV sets flickered and the Bush "We Will Rock You" started, then that first Zoo Station chord cracked...

I could never feel like that again. That was show #1 for me, and even without that "first time" buzz, it simply couldn't be replicated.
  5. Good interview with Bono this morning
  6. Originally posted by dougman23:[..]

This is true...and it simply can't be done.

I don't take issue with bands lasting "too long" or continuing to tour on their hits. But Zoo TV was a show in and of itself, like a Broadway play. They could not match on it. I love earnest U2 in the sepia tones with the scowls and the political speeches, but I can admit Zoo TV was the first and maybe only time U2 were "cool". I watched a youtube thingy on Zoo TV and was transported 23 years to that moment in Sun Devil Stadium, after being bummed out that Public Enemy couldn't play because we were still f**king around with the MLK Holiday (Chuck D gave a nice speech and they did By the Time I Get to Arizona, noting we, in the stadium, weren't the enemies), and being more bummed by a longer Sugarcubes set, when the TV sets flickered and the Bush "We Will Rock You" started, then that first Zoo Station chord cracked...

I could never feel like that again. That was show #1 for me, and even without that "first time" buzz, it simply couldn't be replicated.
    Plus Bono dressing up as The Fly and those other personas might seem a bit ridiculous at this point in time.

(Edit: What a sec. They won't be wearing vests and Stetsons on this upcoming tour, will they?????)
  7. I'm pretty hopeful for some cowboy hat action this summer.

(Additionally, I'll be in Amherst through June so there's a decent chance I'll make it to the Boston show!!)
  8. Originally posted by RUMMY:[..]
    Plus Bono dressing up as The Fly and those other personas might seem a bit ridiculous at this point in time.

(Edit: What a sec. They won't be wearing vests and Stetsons on this upcoming tour, will they?????)
    In 1992 dressing up and personas may have been ridiculous, but in this age those personas would pale in comparison to some of the ridiculous costumes Lady Gaga has worn on stage.