Joshua Tree Tour 2017
Legs (3): Leg 1 - North America, Leg 2 - Europe, Leg 3 - The Americas
Shows: 54
  1. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    I love the little conversation between edge and Adam. It's funny also how serious edge is, like he's such a professional he can't enjoy it almost. It would be really interesting to see/hear not just the songs but the whole rehearsal process even nowadays when they're touring a new album and trying songs out for the first time. Even this upcoming tour would be cool as I really don't think they've rehearsed the likes of trip, exit, RHMT or in gods country full band, since the original JT tour.
    Yeah Edge is quite fanatical.

I feel a Lucille snippet for the new tour comming up, either that or Heartland !!
  2. I feel like doing Heartland, or something like that, can really save the overall perception of these shows after the fact. There are a lot of people (IMO, overly) wounded by the band daring to look backward. And if the band rolls out the same old show surrounding JT, it is going to throw gas on that fire. Not that they really probably care all that much.

But Heartland, the other originals off R&H...hell, let Bono catch his breath for a second and give us Van Diemen's Land...just a solid placement of a few of these songs in the setlist, especially if there is a set prior to JT, can really be a win for the whole crowd.
  3. Originally posted by dougman23:[..]
    I feel like doing Heartland, or something like that, can really save the overall perception of these shows after the fact. There are a lot of people (IMO, overly) wounded by the band daring to look backward. And if the band rolls out the same old show surrounding JT, it is going to throw gas on that fire. Not that they really probably care all that much.

But Heartland, the other originals off R&H...hell, let Bono catch his breath for a second and give us Van Diemen's Land...just a solid placement of a few of these songs in the setlist, especially if there is a set prior to JT, can really be a win for the whole crowd.
    It would definitely be cool to hear a few of the lesser played songs from Rattle And Hum, they could easily rotate the likes of hawkmoon 269 with god part 2, put silver and gold in the odd show as well as van diemens land getting played at least every other show too. Heartland would be one of the highlights for me, the edge mentioning it in the Facebook q&a (or it might have been the extended one for fanclub members) has got me thinking it's possible but I do think there's a genuine chance of it getting played in the states only for them to drop it when they come to Europe, that would be gutting especially as I'll be at the first European show at Twickenham. Having said all that I still won't be complaining by the time the shows over and I've just seen the Joshua Tree in full.
  4. Yeah this tour is a perfect opportunity to throw out some cuts from R&H, afterall the album is pretty much an extension of TJT. I feel we may possibly get a rotation of Desire / Angel / AIWIY if they do anything from R&H, but it would be the icing on the cake if they did all 3 and pulled off Hawkmoon, or God Part II.

Heartland would be amazing, though my gut feeling tells me it would probably be hard to pull off live because of the vocals, and then to also make it work in a stadium situation would be quite the challenge I think because of the intimacy the song has, but you never know.

Would probably also say that if we don't get any R&H rarities on this tour, we probably won't ever.
  5. Anyone going in GA, please dash to the front, and sing 'The Cross' as loud as you can while staring at Bono. Or shout "EVERYBODY'S LOOKIN'FOR THE LADDER"
  6. Originally posted by birdman987:Anyone going in GA, please dash to the front, and sing 'The Cross' as loud as you can while staring at Bono. Or shout "EVERYBODY'S LOOKIN'FOR THE LADDER"
    Yes, I honestly think that would be brilliant.

Spoiler (click to toggle)
    really!!

not kidding

but now I think of it,

wtf ya talking bout this time?

there's gotta be an explanation

does anybody pay you a monthly wage for posting bizarre stuff?

Whatever Happened To Pete The Chop
  7. Originally posted by birdman987:Anyone going in GA, please dash to the front, and sing 'The Cross' as loud as you can while staring at Bono. Or shout "EVERYBODY'S LOOKIN'FOR THE LADDER"
    it has to be a good stuff, you smoke there ....
  8. Originally posted by birdman987:Anyone going in GA, please dash to the front, and sing 'The Cross' as loud as you can while staring at Bono. Or shout "EVERYBODY'S LOOKIN'FOR THE LADDER"
    Someone wants a U2start award.
  9. Originally posted by Caledonia:Yeah this tour is a perfect opportunity to throw out some cuts from R&H, afterall the album is pretty much an extension of TJT. I feel we may possibly get a rotation of Desire / Angel / AIWIY if they do anything from R&H, but it would be the icing on the cake if they did all 3 and pulled off Hawkmoon, or God Part II.

Heartland would be amazing, though my gut feeling tells me it would probably be hard to pull off live because of the vocals, and then to also make it work in a stadium situation would be quite the challenge I think because of the intimacy the song has, but you never know.

Would probably also say that if we don't get any R&H rarities on this tour, we probably won't ever.
    Hope that the band have some original ideas how to incorporate some great tunes and nail it, i would love to see spotlight on Edge. He has a great voice.
    Indeed Heartland would be so amazing ..........................
  10. Edge could perform heartland vocals?
  11. I was looking for some precise info about Croke Park and I stumbled upon this:

https://crokepark.ie/concerts/u2
    Each show on the tour will include a performance of The Joshua Tree in its entirety(...)

For the skeptics out there