Joshua Tree Tour 2017
Legs (3): Leg 1 - North America, Leg 2 - Europe, Leg 3 - The Americas
Shows: 54
  1. Love these seven-song encore ideas! Any of these are SO superior to what it is now.

Seeing the show in Seattle it clear the show should be three acts: leading up to JT, JT, and reaction to JT...because of that I'd keep any song after 1997 out of the setlist...have an encore of AB/Zooropa/Passengers/Pop and it's a coherent gem of a show.
  2. I think it would be awesome if they closed with something from Achtung Baby as ''the sound of 4 men chopping down the Joshua Tree''.
  3. Go back to Love Is Blindness
  4. Originally posted by bartajax:I think it would be awesome if they closed with something from Achtung Baby as ''the sound of 4 men chopping down the Joshua Tree''.
    Never thought of that
  5. Or just "40".
  6. Originally posted by bartajax:I think it would be awesome if they closed with something from Achtung Baby as ''the sound of 4 men chopping down the Joshua Tree''.
    That's a good one. You got a point out there. I've read it somewhere long time ago. Bono said it one day. But a closer like Love is Blindness makes me crazy esp the guitarsolo of The Edge and remembers me to the great Zoo TV tour.
  7. Originally posted by bartajax:I think it would be awesome if they closed with something from Achtung Baby as ''the sound of 4 men chopping down the Joshua Tree''.
    Yeah, some people suggested that when the tour was announced and we were debating the setlist issue.

I think this would be fine without being too much of a pipe dream - an all Zooish encore:

(...)
    16 - Mothers
    ---encore---
    17 - The Fly
    18 - Until The End Of The World / Break On Through (snippet)
    19 - Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
    20 - Stay (Faraway, So Close!)
    ---encore---
    21 - Zooropa
    22 - Even Better Than The Real Thing
    23 - One / Hear Me Coming (snippet)
    24 - Ultraviolet / ''40'' (snippet)

I always thought Ultraviolet would be a killer closer.
  8. Hopeful of hearing Electric Co. at least once this tour...

9. Terrible, drags on forever. And with Bono as yet not even attempting Pavarotti's part yet, it's really poor and kills the mood

10. they did a long snippet of the wanderer in their show on 7-2-2011 in nashville. i was there. it was very good.