Joshua Tree Tour 2017
Legs (3): Leg 1 - North America, Leg 2 - Europe, Leg 3 - The Americas
Shows: 54

1. I think Bono's voice is just super odd, in that he's comfortable with some notes and not others, even if some are higher than the ones he appears to be uncomfortable with.

I was watching Popmart Mexico last night, and there are so many parts that he seems to struggle with, but others where he sounds completely fine. The "Do You Hear Us Coming" part of One on that DVD sounds like 1992 Bono, but in other parts he sounds worse than he ever has, before and after.

Weird.
  2. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:[..]

I think Bono's voice is just super odd, in that he's comfortable with some notes and not others, even if some are higher than the ones he appears to be uncomfortable with.

I was watching Popmart Mexico last night, and there are so many parts that he seems to struggle with, but others where he sounds completely fine. The "Do You Hear Us Coming" part of One on that DVD sounds like 1992 Bono, but in other parts he sounds worse than he ever has, before and after.

Weird.
    yeah good point, very odd indeed
  3. RHMT now is so much better than Leg 1. They really got it to sound wonderful live.
  4. I think the lower key in New Year's Day is due to singing the 'and maybe the time is right' bit. I reckon the rest of it would be fine but that lyric is sung high compared to the chorus which starts 'I' sung low.
  5. Originally posted by deanallison:I think the lower key in New Year's Day is due to singing the 'and maybe the time is right' bit. I reckon the rest of it would be fine but that lyric is sung high compared to the chorus which starts 'I' sung low.
    thats true.
    on another subject ,ive noticed this tour Bono is taking a lot more sips of water than the last, dont know if its an energy thing or the fact the guy is 57
  6. for the people that thought a different song is going to be played, Sweetest Thing, rehearsed

7. acoustic could be the new norm.