Joshua Tree Tour 2017
Legs (3): Leg 1 - North America, Leg 2 - Europe, Leg 3 - The Americas
Shows: 54
  1. 'Rotterdam1' was the worst sound I have ever heard at any U2 gig, i in fact any concert ever

Glad I didn't got to Rotterdam2.
  2. Originally posted by Edi:'Rotterdam1' was the worst sound I have ever heard at any U2 gig, i in fact any concert ever

Glad I didn't got to Rotterdam2.
    Why? De Kuip has a great sound
  3. Sorry, I was joining in the previous comments banter and obvs missed the mark... thought we were talking about Amsterdam Arena....it was dreadful sound
  4. Originally posted by Edi:Sorry, I was joining in the previous comments banter and obvs missed the mark... thought we were talking about Amsterdam Arena....it was dreadful sound
    The joke was/is still continuing you didn’t miss the mark but may have missed that the post bu Dutchu2fan was in jest.
  5. ....ta.... anyway the sounds where I was (only the just short 200 euros seats) was atrocious !
  6. Originally posted by Edi:[..]
    ....ta.... anyway the sounds where I was (only the just short 200 euros seats) was atrocious !
    Yeah your not the only person to have complained about the sound at the Amsterdam arena. It’s just the nature of stadiums I guess, hit or miss, they’re not designed for concerts. I’ve never been a big fan of hampden for gigs either although I did feel there was a significant difference between vertigo and 360 tour there (360 was much better). Hydro in Glasgow though is incredibly good sound.
  7. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    Yeah your not the only person to have complained about the sound at the Amsterdam arena. It’s just the nature of stadiums I guess, hit or miss, they’re not designed for concerts. I’ve never been a big fan of hampden for gigs either although I did feel there was a significant difference between vertigo and 360 tour there (360 was much better). Hydro in Glasgow though is incredibly good sound.
    The Arena is well known for poor sound but I could not quite believe how bad. It was my 3rd show so I knew what is was supposed to be like. I would certainly never go back to the ArenA. I will stick to Paris in future.

2nd worst was the Mungsdorfer Stadium in Cologne for Zooropa,

Twickenham was surprisingly good, Brussels was ok too. Yes, I like the Hydro too.

360 was very good everywhere I went I thought.
  8. Originally posted by Edi:[..]
    The Arena is well known for poor sound but I could not quite believe how bad. It was my 3rd show so I knew what is was supposed to be like. I would certainly never go back to the ArenA. I will stick to Paris in future.

2nd worst was the Mungsdorfer Stadium in Cologne for Zooropa,

Twickenham was surprisingly good, Brussels was ok too. Yes, I like the Hydro too.

360 was very good everywhere I went I thought.
    Wow that bad, that’s really a shame it was so bad. Got to beg the question why not play elsewhere in Holland?

Yeah Twickenham I was extremely happy with and Brussels good too.

All I’ve got left to mention is the SECC which generally isn’t great. I’ve got to be honest and say I can’t remember much of the sound back then. U2 probably did better than anyone could but I guess it wasn’t anything spectacular. Great setlist I witnessed though.
  9. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    Wow that bad, that’s really a shame it was so bad. Got to beg the question why not play elsewhere in Holland?

Yeah Twickenham I was extremely happy with and Brussels good too.

All I’ve got left to mention is the SECC which generally isn’t great. I’ve got to be honest and say I can’t remember much of the sound back then. U2 probably did better than anyone could but I guess it wasn’t anything spectacular. Great setlist I witnessed though.
    Yes, Hydro definitely better than SECC so Scotland really does have a world class venue now.

On that Elevation tour in 2001 I saw them at Earls Court (was never great for sound) and SECC which was quite similar. The highlight was Bercy in Paris with great sound, atmosphere and view. Went back there in 2015
  10. From where I was standing in the ArenA it wasn't that bad, only Noel's sound was really bad, U2 was pretty good.
  11. I heard it was better on the floor than seats but I think in general he crowd are getting robbed in that place, Go Ziggo !

12. Did mean Amsterdam off course.
    Had to sell my Amsterdam2 tickets. Sold them to a die hard Feyenoord-fan.